“Good ambience”

Price range: US$4 - US$32
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Townsville Yacht Club is home to a bar & bistro overlooking the beautiful marina in Ross Creek in the heart of Townsville's CBD.
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We had visitors from Melboune and took them to the yacht club for a late breakfast, we sat outside overlooking the yachts. Service was quick and efficient and all the breakfasts that came to the table were good portions and very good.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We were at a table of 16 but I am only commenting on my wifes’ and my meals. My wife said her meal (chicken scallopinni )was nice and she enjoyed it. My meal was fortunately not the worst meal I have had (TYC Seafood Treat) but was a bit ordinary in comparison of other establishments which offers a similar meal for a similar or less price. I actually don’t mind paying for an enjoyable meal but when I questioned wether the scallops were actually scallops and not chicken nuggets I was offered to have them replaced with something else...when I suggested what scallops should be like I was told that they were frozen not fresh. It was obvious the prawns were of the same quality. I don’t make a habit of reviewing anything unless it is really good because I don’t like to tarnish anyone’s reputation but for a restaurant you really need to do better and serve up fresh food or inform your clients you are serving up frozen foods. I travel regularly and therefor eat out regularly and this is bit ordinary and you really can’t fix it unless you use fresh seafood. I invite the management to comment if you think my appraisal is unjustified.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We had the lamb shanks and seared duck breast, lamb shanks are supposed to fall off the bone in this case they were hard and rubbery and lacked flavour. The duck breast was medium well borderline well done... it’s supposed to be medium, at least the sweet potato side was good. Won’t be returning or recommending.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Normal we go for the seafood plater but this time around the seafood for 2 was easily just enough for 1, spreader out over 3 plates in a Tower didn't make it any better. Waited over an hour for a meal but the end left without eating as i waited to long for food, even thought made sure we ordered at 6pm before the rush.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

This is another easily accessible location in the city within easy walking distance and adjacent to a park which is also very pleasant to visit.