3,119 results
All reviews stingray bar bazaar restaurant funky hotel homemade lemonade swim up bar staff uniforms fun hotel king suite nespresso machine mini bar little touches room service breakfast and dinner gold coast ocean view cavill ave retro
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at QT before with my hubby and loved it! This time we decided to take the kids along too. We had told them about the free lemonade in the foyer, however this is obviously not the case anymore.

I had checked in online and requested a high floor plus put my estimated arrival time as 12noon. When we arrived at 12.30 the room wasn't ready (I didn't really mind) but they said rather rudely to drive our car into the carpark and take a seat. I asked about the maximum height for the carpark and the lady had no idea what I meant. Then another lady said "2.3 metres". The height was actually 2m and our car antenna hit the ceiling. We then went up to the foyer and after 20 mins they came over and said the room won't be ready for a while. So we took our 5 and 7 year old kids for a walk to the beach. We then returned just after 2pm to check in to be told the room was STILL not ready. The lady could tell this was not a good answer by the look on my face so she called house keeping. When we finally got the key we were given a room on level 3 (the lowest level they have rooms on). So really the online requests were pointless cause I did not get any early check in or a room on a high floor.
The room was okay. Getting quite worn in areas and the tv reception was awful. The bathroom was tiny and the shower ran out of hot water after 3 of us had showers.

The plus side to the hotel was comfy beds, great pool and spa, good location, late check out for Priority Rewards guests and the most amazing breakfast buffet ever.

Won't be going back to QT in a hurry though.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Lee008
Steph M, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Hi Lee008 thanks for your feedback. The chilled lemonade in the foyer had to take a short break due to a lead in the container but they are getting fix and will be making a come-back next week. To ensure an early check-in time is available please call the hotel that morning to see what the best time would be. Glad you enjoyed the QT beds, spaQ, and location of the property AND we completely agree our breakfast is pretty damn fine.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night for a work function (off location). Check in was interesting to say the least. Check in staff are blonde Barbie type girls. I was amused and somewhat annoyed that she forgot our names despite having said them less than 10 seconds prior, and amused again when she asked me had she given me anything to sign... Somehow we made it through check in and amazingly the card key matched our room...

The rooms themselves are spacious, if somewhat, void of much furniture, but in fairness has everything you need. The style of the decor and furniture is not to my taste however others may think it's hip. The addition of a comfortable lounge might have added more appeal to the room, certainly the space for one.
The lack of open balcony seems odd, especially on the Gold Coast.

The Stingray bar is something else. Excellent layout and feel.We had a few drinks and light snack in the quiet of the afternoon prior to departing for our function. The barman very friendly and full of helpful advice. The bar was packed when we returned to the hotel much later.

Breakfast was also exceptional. With probably the best service and food I've experienced at any hotel. The range and quality of choices is excellent, and the 'Bazaar' restaurant had a good feel about it.

In summary, I'd be in two minds in deciding wether to stay here again, the poor check in experience really putting me off. But otherwise, a good place to stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

It looks like the hotel has been renovated in recent years and looks great. The lobby was spacious, had lot of places to hangout until checkin, found an interesting collection National Geographic magazines dating back to 1970.

The rooms were of perfect size and the balcony has a lovely view of the ocean. Room was very comfortable and had all the amenities you would need. Loved the Nespresso coffee machine.

Only negative was, our air conditioning stopped working, they offered us to move rooms but didn't feel that suffocating as you would feel in most hotels so we stayed in the same room for the last night.

Room service had limited options of food but it was very good. And all the staff were very helpful.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Love love love QT hotels and the Gold Coast one is one of my favourites. We have been a few times now and enjoy the peace and quiet in the busy Surfers Paradise.
There is no need to leave the hotel as they have a brilliant Day Spa, the best movies on TV and my favourite buffet.
Now this isn't just an ordinary buffet this is gourmet buffet with everything and more that you can dream of.
And don't worry if you can't fit in dessert right away a cheeky little phone call to room service will allow you to eat your amazing Smores pudding in bed while watching the newest release.
Perfection!

Reviewed 13 August 2016

This is everything a top class hotel should be. Quirky, luxurious, trendy, fun, super restaurants, great pool. Personality to die for. Couldn't recommend it any higher. Just loved everything about it. Highly recommended

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple