10 people are viewing this hotel
US$1,805
US$705
SAVE US$1,100
Free cancellation until 22/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotelUS$1,803
PricelineUS$1,801
StayForLongUS$1,805
1,149 results
All reviews feast restaurant seafood buffet lagoon bar pool service in room dining duty manager direct access main restaurant pool access room pool side shuttle service salt water house keeping the great barrier reef shuttle bus four mile beach school holidays
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from a 6 day family break.
The resort is fantastic. The lagoon pools were simply stunning
Room was great and perfect for our needs situated in the North Wing. Would definitely come back. Even looking at later this year.

Only negative I would say is lunch and dinner at Feast Restaurant. For a 5 star hotel, the quality of the food here is dreadful for the price paid. I would suggest eating at one of the higher end restaurants in town. Management really have to look at this.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Peter_CPFC
Reviewed 8 April 2021

Like all Mirages - this one has a beautiful setting. The check in was smooth, my Bonvoy status was acknowledged by the person who checked us in. The rooms were large and comfortable. We had great service every morning at breakfast , yes we had to book but the menu was sufficient. All the staff we passed by or dealt with all greeted us and said hi warmly. If there was one thing that could be improved would possibly be having USB points in the rooms (no big deal)

2  Thank rosalines2017
Reviewed 4 April 2021

Our family of 3 two adults and a 9 year old had an absolute perfect stay at the Sheraton.

We had a lagoon access room with two double beds. The rooms were large, clean with fridge and tea an coffee facilities. House keeping kept the rooms spotless and after a daily clean every thing was always replenished. Could not fault housekeeping.

The room had a large 55 inch flat screen TV with Chromecast where you could watch any of your own streaming services and a number of cable channels. The only negative comment was the internet was slow (although somewhat expected in far north QLD, perhaps Sheraton/Marriott can address this in the future)

The pools in the resort are fantastic numerous salt water lagoon pools throughout the complex and a freshwater pool with swim up bar. Funny, we barely used our own lagoon pool and mostly used the main lagoon pool, whilst more crowded had more kids which our 9 year old loved.

Restaurants were numerous we missed out on the Harrisons, apparently fantastic (little disappointed) but had to pre book well in advance...Lagoon house is great for pool side snacks or takeaway.

Feast was just ok, breakfasts were a little average, almost trying but failing at Asian infused breakfast. Breads seemed like they were not fresh, quality all round was average. For a 5 star (even casual) restaurant I expected more. Staff also had little idea of Marriott Gold Elite discounts offered at restaurants....so don't forget to ask. Counter staff rectified this and applied discounts.

There is a gym onsite, although there was so much to do we had little time to train (thats what I like telling myself), between the reef, Daintree, lots of time at the pool and lots of great food, not unexpected ;-)

Dont forget to get out to the local restaurants. Salsa is always great, Rattle and Hum for basic 'pub grub' and the Mexican for something different. Always book whether eating in or out of the hotel...

Thankyou Sheraton/Marriott, can wait to return soon!

4  Thank sepol7
Reviewed 3 April 2021

This resort is stunning. A wonderful place to stay. Food is good but not worth the prices ($27 for a toasted sandwich!). My partner and I stayed there for 2 weeks for our honeymoon and due to the customer service we won’t be staying here again.

I ordered a couple of food platers and asked for them to be in our room by 4 as we wouldn’t have a chance to eat a decent meal on the plane. These platers where never delivered. As a response to this issue they offered to give us a cabana free of charge which was great.

Unfortunately upon going to reception the day we stayed in the cabana to address another issue, we discovered that we had still be charged for it.

We had that cabana booked for the entire day. Had been in there for the entire morning and decided to go into town for an hour or so to do some shopping to only come back to our cabana to fined a group of people in it. After giving them the boot the manager confronted us to address the issue to only tell us that he seen my partner and I leave so he allowed them to use it. I then asked the question if we can use other cabanas that people have booked and paid for to be told we can’t do that.

These along with numerous issues with room service food, really put a damper on our honeymoon. The offer of free drinks and food to resolve these issues is great but doesn’t makeup for issues that shouldn’t have happened.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank B9310UItylerp
Steve Molnar, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Dear B9310UItylerp

Many thanks for your review and highlighting the areas where we fell short. We are committed to delivering the highest levels of service and i apologise that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Should you ever choose to come back please reach out to us.

Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

My best friend and I stayed here at the Sheraton thinking it’s a 5 star resort as we paid 5 star prices.

First day we got here we got told pool with swimup bar was being repaired and out of service. So we were unable to use it. Staff also told us we would have no trouble to find seating by the pools.

Next day, room service did not come clean our room. I called late afternoon asking for the room to be made up, they said they would send someone up straight away. 2 hours later it still hadn’t been made up so I had to call again, and request it be made up. At 630pm our room was made up.

One morning I ordered coffee from the Lagoon bar. It took the barista 3 attempts to make the correct coffee, and was worst coffee. I had coffee a few times throughout the resort and it was never good but this time was by far the worst.

It was difficult to get seating by pool unless you want to pay $80 to sit in a reserved area by the pool.

The last night we ordered room service. 2 hours later it still hadn’t turned up . We had to call guest services and they hadn’t even put the order through and this was close to 10pm so by time dinner arrived to our room it was very late.

One of the pool bars stops serving food at 430pm, leaving only 2 other options, both of which are expensive and had trouble getting into but the food is nice.

When we booked the hotel it said free shuttle into port Douglas. This is not the case, it’s $11 for a return trip each time you want to go in unless you buy unlimited day passes.

The pools by the pool access rooms are wade pools so not worth the extra money for a pool access room.

On a positive the grounds are pretty, the rooms are nice and the bed is comfortable.

The service is not good and I definitely would not recommend paying double the price for a room here to stay here in high season.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank AliaMarie14
Steve Molnar, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

Dear AliaMarie14,

Thank you for your review for us on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies for falling short of meeting your expectations in certain areas. Whilst we had 9 other large pools in operation during your stay we have now reopened the freshwater pool where you swim up to the bar.
Please reach to us should you choose to return to Port Douglas.