Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
Hilton
US$197
US$151
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$246
US$288
US$243
Hotels.com
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 08/01
US$111
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$103
Free cancellation until 08/02
US$98
Free cancellation until 08/02
US$94
  • Bar/Lounge
US$42
  • Restaurant
All reviewsquiet streetshort walktwo blockscontinental breakfastfree internetstayed here for nightsbed was comfortablereef triphome away from homecentre of townshort stayair conspa bathcairns esplanaderosemarytoursaustralia
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

This was our first hotel we checked into once landed in Australia. It is within walking distance of the town centre and the marina, staff were friendly and helpful, very basic but done exactly what we needed, we had the continental breakfast in the mornings, very minimal. Parking at the front or rear of the property and WiFi was very responsive. Nothing wrong with this hotel, lower rating due to paying less for nicer rooms and better breakfasts.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tracy D
rosemarycairns, General Manager at Tropical Heritage Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It always helps us when guests take the time to post their experiences, we are always striving to improve our level of service and I hope to see you again if you ever return to Cairns.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here two nights after a reef trip.

I would not recommend based on the following:

1. There is no one at the front desk after 7pm. Not only does this make any check in or service impossible, but it means little to no security. If you do need to check in after 7 PM, you have to pay a fee? Bizarre. The front door has to be opened with an access key, however the block is really dark and both nights some sort of locals were drunk and yelling in front of the hotel, causing me to feel very uncomfortable coming and going on my own. There was also something shady going on in the pitch black parking lot. As a solo female traveler I could not recommend this hotel.

2. The WiFi is terrible. Every time you close your phone you have to re log in with a random character access code and password that’s printed on a small receipt. Better not lose it, as there’s no front desk help.

3. The shower is absurd. If you are over 5’3 you have to do a weird bend and squat to wash your hair. The shower head is not detachable. It’s impossible to use. There were also no shampoo or conditioner products. I consider this to be basic service, but it was the least of my concerns.

Go over to the comfort inn around the block and pay less and feel far more safe and have some basic service.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Paige E
rosemarycairns, General Manager at Tropical Heritage Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with everybody. I am sorry that you didn’t find everything to your satisfaction.

The reception desk is maned from 7am until 7pm after that there is a night manager on site to assist guests. There are signs all over the front door and reception desk about how to contact them. If they are needed they are only a phone call away. We don’t charge a fee for late check in, the only additional fee we do charge is a 1% credit card fee.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over who is on the street in the evening. I am sorry if you felt unsafe with some people being out on the street. We have never had a single incident of a guest being harmed or even threatened walking the streets around Cairns.

The light bulb for the car park blew recently and it took us a few days to get a replacement bulb and to have it installed. The car park is normally lit by a flood light mounted on the building.

The WIFI system is sadly outdated and we are in the process of updating it to be more user friendly.

We do provide shampoo, conditioner to all guests in all rooms at no charge. I also consider this a basic service and one that we do provide. Also, our bathrooms are spotless, no hair on the floor here.

The Comfort Inn next door is currently $1 cheaper than us at the Tropical Heritage and they also close at 7pm each night. By your own review you posted for them, the room wasn’t clean and there was hair all over the bathroom floor. No wonder the Tropical Heritage is consistently reviewed higher than them in every aspect.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Reception was friendly.

Location convenient (10 min walk to centre) , room decent and clean, bed good, bathroom functional, wifi bit unstable, continental breakfast au$ 7,50.

We extended our stay to 3 nights.
A decent fair priced choice.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with everybody. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if you are ever in Cairns.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Average location near the esplanade but 10 minutes walking to the city center.
Nice modern room with flat tv.
The shower in the room is low and unadjustable which is very uncomfortable for average and tall people
Free WiFi but they have a data limit that runs out quickly which you have to recharge everytime at the reception
The pool is very small
Good value for money

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo

Best Regards

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Excellent location. we hired a car so we could go a lot further out. Everything in the town however we could walk to easily.
The room was extremely dirty with dirty light switches, covered in gunk and stuff on the walls, hair still in the shower. We did complain and it later cleaned and we got a bottle of wine and chocolates I just feel it wasn't worth that much a night.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
rosemarycairns, General Manager at Tropical Heritage Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Thank you very much for your nice comments and very thorough review of our hotel. It is always appreciated to hear from our guests and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for sharing the issue around cleanliness with me as without guests letting us know there is an issue I can’t act to fix it. While nobody enjoys getting complaints they are an important part of managing the guests experience. I especially appreciate you telling me during your stay so that we could correct the situation during your stay. While online reviews are a useful tool for both guests and managers they often come too late for anything to be done to save your stay.

Your room was not up to the standards that we expect from our housekeeping staff. Unfortunately, we have had a few issues around cleaning staff and one in particular, who consistently failed the high standards of cleanliness that we try to maintain at the Tropical Heritage. Unfortunately for you that person was the one who cleaned your room before check in. That person is no longer with us and our housekeeping team is determined to bring everything back up to the standards that we expect.

If you look through our other reviews, you will know that we have always been praised for our cleanliness and I hope you will understand that this was an unfortunate outlier.

I apologise again for the issues you had with the room and thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope to see you again in the future.