Pullman Cairns International
Trip.com
US$142
US$139
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$169
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$119
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$98
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$148
Hotels.com
US$87
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$176
Travelocity
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$95
Priceline
2,349 results
All reviewsseafood buffetpool decklobby barharbour viewrooms are largeroom servicetwo double bedstour deskthe great barrier reefcasinoconciergegymconferenceesplanadeaccoraustraliatropical
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I had a very nice stay at the Pullman International last week. However, the hotel certainly was showing its age. Here are the positives and negatives of the stay:

Positives:

1) Very smooth check in. While my Premium Harbour View room on the 15th floor was not ready when I checked in at 10am, I was assured by the check in staff Bella that it would not be long before I could access the room. True to her word, I was contacted by her at lunchtime to say the room was ready.

2) The room was large and the view of Trinity Inlet, the harbour, and the Coral Sea from the balcony was magnificent.

3) The lobby was grand and very fitting for a 5 star hotel. Loved having a drink or 2 there catching up with my friend, who is a Platinum Accor Plus member staying at the hotel at the same time as me.

4) I liked the location of the hotel. It was within a few minutes walk to the reef terminal, the lagoon, and shopping.

5) Being an Accor member, I took advantage of the discounted buffet breakfast. Food selection was good and tasty. Though I did have to make a complaint about the ham during the breakfast last Wednesday. It tasted sour, which usually means it was well past its used by date.

Unfortunately, there were some negatives:

1) Sour ham, as mentioned above.

2) Some of the furniture was certainly getting old. It had scratches everywhere, while the shower head was leaking.

3) The air conditioning was quite noisy. During my first night at the hotel, I had to wear ear plugs to counteract the noise. I got used to it over the next 3 nights.

4) The elevators took a very long time to arrive, especially during peak times. This was due to the middle elevator being out of action. On some occasion, both elevators would arrive on my floor at the same time, while on other occasions, it would stop on floors where no one was getting into or out of the elevator.

Overall, I still enjoyed my stay very much and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi ng_ryan,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable for the most part, and the team, room and location of the hotel met your expectation!
We appreciate your comments on areas needing improvement, rest assured these will be shared with our management team, and followed up accordingly.
Our elevators are currently undergoing an extensive refurbishment process, which has caused some delays to the service they provide, and I do apologise that this caused you inconvenience during your stay.
We are also in the planning stages of a refurbishment of our rooms, and this will include new furnishings and fittings, which give them a lovely modern feel. This being said I will follow up with our Engineering team regarding the noisy air conditioning in your room, as this is something that should have been addressed prior to your arrival, please once again accept my apologies.
Thank you once again for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I booked an inlet view room. We arrived early and had our bags taken whilst we did some shopping. Our room was large and clean. Good view and was very comfortable. I really appreciated the lovely service, and the quality of the housekeeping was superb. The bar downstairs (cocos) was also brilliant.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi cameron h,
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and the team were welcoming and friendly! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Great hotel. Friendly staff and good service. The hotel is very clean. The only thing was that one lift is being renovated and therefore lifts were slow. Service more than compensated for this slight inconvenience. I am glad though that the hotel is looking after future serviceability of the lifts.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hi kerrylhands
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us, and the service provided met your expectation! We also appreciate your comments regarding our elevators, the hotel is very invested in making sure that this vital equipment is kept maintained and up to date and your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This hotel was very well located. The book in process was simple and efficient. Our room was spacious, well equipped with a large balcony and wonderful views. However the room decor, furniture and soft furnishings were worn and dated. The carpet was stained and the room needed repainting. There were scuff marks, scratches and dents on most surfaces and furniture.The bed was reasonably comfortable but, as it was on castors, it continually slid away from the wall. When we mentioned this, staff placed coasters under the castors but the bed still slid off. The room was only surface clean and would benefit from renovating and redecorating. All the staff were very friendly, very efficient and very helpful. The public areas were luxurious and the restaurant and bar were excellent. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hi cdbghb,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and provide us with feedback on areas we can improve. The hotel is currently working to address the issues with regards to our rooms being dated and in need of a renovation, and we are looking forward to the prospect of beginning a refurbishment in the near future. This being said there are some issues which can and will be addressed with our engineering department, regarding the painting in the room, and I will be sure to follow this up.
On a positive note I am delighted that our team were friendly and helpful through out your stay, they really do pride themselves on providing exceptional service, and I will be sure to share your comments with them.
Thank you once again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

The room and balcony were spacious and well equipped and cared for.
However there was a problem with sound transference.
The major problem being that we had a room with an interconnecting door to the next room, and there was a very noisy family including a 5 am waking child.
Next morning I went for a room change but learnt they were leaving and no one was booked into the room.
I also heard the man in the other room ‘in bed’. Also there was some noise from the corridor.
The staff were lovely, the breakfast magnificent , and the communal room comfortable and enjoyable. The staff got the room price wrong and I had to spend time sorting it out twice. I still haven’t got my deposit back and they say it’s my banks fault! Oh yes, and they forgot my complementary bottle of wine.
Apart from that, it was a great place in a great location.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi cynthia r,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us, I am disappointed that there were some aspects that did not meet expectation.I am sorry that the interconnecting room and room adjacent to you caused disruption to your stay, and that we were unable to assist in resolving this issue for you. We appreciate your comments and will take this feedback into consideration.
On a positive note, I am pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our fantastic buffet breakfast and the staff were welcoming and friendly through out your stay! We hope to welcome you back again soon!