All reviewsno lifta ground floor roombbq arealaundry roomminute walkstayed here for nightsclose to townwould stay againnice poolfamily roomeasy walking distancebudget hotelfree wifismall balconyreception areashort stayenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We got a one night reservation through the local tourist information. The room was clean and spacious. Lovely view into the courtyard and pool. A very nice breakfast was included. When telling the staff that we would spend the following night under the stars at the Great Barrier Reef, they kept an eye on our car as well kept our perishable foods in their fridge. So when we returned from our Great Barrier Reef adventure, we decided to stay another night. With a 15 minute walk to the tourist area, it was great value and we just loved the staff. Wish I had written down the names.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank sunnysideup_11
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear sunnysideup_11,

What a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking a few moments to share your experience with others. Our small, friendly and dedicated team love nothing more than treating our guests like family and friends and will always go above and beyond where possible.
I hope you enjoyed your time here in Cairns!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

They refused to make up the room and replace the towels. I think they would replace the towels if you delivered the dirty ones to the front desk. I don't know of anyone that would find this acceptable at a 4 star motel. I have stayed at some pretty rough motels that would at least clean the room and replace towels. The front desk person did bring me towels once. I waited 20 minutes for the breakfast buffet and finally gave up after most the food was never refilled, I was not charged after pointing this out. The residential style auto drip coffee maker was supposed to somehow keep up with over 60 guests. I left an earlier review, but removed it so I could change a few things after the manager responded with false statements. The manager referred to my need of a clean room and fresh towels as "exceptionally high standards". In an attempt to discredit me he claimed the tour company issued a letter of apology on my behalf for the "treatment their team members were subjected to". There were no altercation between myself or any team member. The tour company has no knowledge of such letter. I requested a copy of this letter from the manager and he was unable to provide it. If the management would address the concerns of the guests as opposed to making false statements in an attempt to discredit the guests, then maybe they could improve.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear dtkana,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a second review of your recent stay with us and again, I am sorry we did not meet with your expectations. I am sure the Sales and Customer Service team (based in the US) of the Tour Company representing your group will be able to assist you if you have further concerns regarding your time in Cairns.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on our way to Cape York. Rooms are clean and large. Pool is set in tropical setting and inviting. We walked to and from City centre, ( only 5 blocks ) and we walked to the boat jetty. Great location. Staff were very friendly and helpful with directions.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear nanna424,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to read you liked our location and found our team helpful. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Cape York. Given the time, it is a must do when in the area. I hope to be able to welcome you back on your next trip to the North.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Only stayed one night. Lovely big room. Spotlessly clean and working. Comfy king bed. Had brekky in dining room. Plenty to choose from including fresh fruit. Very friendly and welcoming staff. Close to beachfront and dining area.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear travellersuths,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We offer affordable, comfortable accommodation and out small but dedicated team are on hand to ensure your stay in Cairns is a memorable one.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The housekeeping is a joke and staff don't take security seriously and cleanliness is hopeless.

We returned to the room every day to find issues. Day 1 I mistakenly left my used towel in the shower instead of putting it in the linen basket that I hadn't seen, it was replaced but not taken away. Day 2 came back to find none of the floors had been cleaned despite the obvious sand and dirt, the toilet had similar issues. Day 3 the bin wasn't emptied and the sheet on the bed was tucked in without first being pulled straight at all - the floors and toilet still had not been cleaned. The housekeeping staff member that came and emptied the bin after we complained said "all we do for continuing customers is make the bed, change towels and empty the bins" - well they can't even get that right.

Day 4 - the housekeeping supervisor was apparently tasked with cleaning the room. Result, the floors are clean, the toilet had finally been cleaned, the bin is empty...but the screen door was left unlocked and by stuffing a pillow behind our suitcase for no apparent reason, it was pushed of the chairs it was balanced on because the hotel doesn't own a suitcase holder thing at all, resulting in the content spilling onto the floor!

I wouldn't recommend staying here - I would give them a 2 star rating at most, I actually thought a hotel had to have a restaurant to get 4 stars and whilst there is breakfast available, there are no other meals. Makes me wonder how long the crumbs on the breakfast tables had been there when I saw them at 4pm today?

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kendrickau
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Kendrickau,
Thank you for taking time to submit such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that we did not meet with your expectations. Had we been notified sooner than day 3 of your concerns, we could have ensured your stay was more comfortable or assisted you in finding alternative accommodation. I was in Reception when you checked out and you refused to discuss any of these matters with me, instead taking to abusing and threatening the multicultural members of my team throughout your stay.
Regards,