Free cancellation until 08/03
US$288
US$243
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$225
  • Pool
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$102
Free cancellation until 08/02
US$102
US$98
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$81
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
2,480 results
All reviewsthe executive loungespa roomtrinity inletthe great barrier reefwater viewbuffet breakfasttour deskan upgradeport douglasreef terminalfantastic locationmondogemmabalconyesplanadecasinoconcierge
Reviewed 20 April 2017

The hotel is in a great location on the edge of the waterfront/inlet. I was greeted by a very nice receptionist and was given an upgrade to the executive floor due to my Hilton Honors status which was much appreciated. I arrived around lunch time and was also able to have my room immediately, again great. The door staff were very nice, always looking to offer suggestions and directions to places close by the hotel. The tour desk was great and they were not pushy trying to sell tours, they were just happy to give advice. The room was nice although felt dusty, on further inspection these marks were from where the room had been painted, there should have been more care taken to cover the furniture. The bed was nice although you could feel the middle of the 2 beds that had been put together to make a large bed, which was not the best. The wind in the corridor (as it is open to the elements) can be extreme and as such my "Do Not Disturb" sign blew away several times which became an issue when the cleaning staff had to get maintenance to "break-in" while I was sleeping (it was early afternoon so this can be understood). The air-conditioning in the room does not feel adequate, I had it on all the time although it never felt it got to my desired temperature, I read somewhere that it adjusts automatically based on movement or something, either way I don't feel it works adequately. I went to the lobby bar on the second night and waited as no one was serving, I don’t know where the staff were but it was open with no staff there, another guest said “this happened last night also” I did not wait much longer and went out for a drink. The hotel offered a text or SMS service where I could communicate with the front desk for anything during the stay, this worked well and is a good idea, I texted for some ice when I was walking back to the hotel and it was waiting in the room when I arrived only 15mins later. The executive lounge team were very friendly and helpful although the lounge it-self is worn and could do with an upgrade. The food provided in the evening was very nice, the executive chef was there to discuss what was available on different occasions and that was a nice touch to meet and talk to him. I would return here to this property again in the future. Overall a good time and experience from the Hilton Cairns.

Room Tip: Go for an executive room, top floor with lounge access
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear eblac,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review based on your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, however I do apologise that your room was not up to our usual high standards. I have shared your feedback with my Engineering Manager to ensure that our air conditioning system is working to its full capacity. Your comments are valuable and again I thank you for bringing them to my attention.

I do hope to welcome you back to Cairns in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I'm staying approximately 70 nights at Hiltons world over per year, so I've come to expect some simple excesses, like free water bottles at check in and in the rooms. Here even in the executive lounge they wouldn't give me a bottle of water to go. No dessert in the executive lounge either. These are small things but are taken in conjunction with tired look and feel, including simplistic swimming pool.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear Mikhail B,

Thank you for sharing your comments based on your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.

I do apologise that you weren't completely satisfied with you stay, in particular the Executive Lounge offerings. Thank you for your suggestions of bottled water and dessert and I will present these to our Executive Chef for review. We are always looking of ways to enhance our guests stay so your comments are greatly appreciated.

I do hope to welcome you back for a more positive stay in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Wanted to stay in a good brand hotel down near the Marina/Inlet. Booked months ago when the reviews were generally good. Loved it how the Hilton emailed the day before so we could select our exact room, it's nice knowing when you turn up that you get what you wanted. Staff at the door and Reception are fabulous, very welcoming. Explained in detail all we needed to know. On entering the room there is a slight feeling of disappointment, it's worn, musty, which is mainly due to the fact that the air con drips permanently, onto the carpet (a feature of previous reviews). Amazing in the 21st century they can't fix it up, it probably goes back to problems with the base building, as I guess it would be 30 years old. You don't feel comfy walking barefoot on the carpet. On the plus side, we were on the top floor (exec level), facing the Inlet, so the views were sensational, and it was nice having the continental breakfast/evening drinks and canapés in the club lounge. The pool is great, very refreshing in the humidity, I imagine it might be a bit cold in winter. Nothing much to do in Cairns really, it's a staging post for visits to the islands/reef. Walked up the Esplanade all the way to the southern tip of the airport and back, very nice walk. Would look for somewhere a bit more modern when we return.

Room Tip: Exec lounge if you can afford it
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Simla10,

Thank you for sharing your feedback based on your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, in particular the Executive Lounge on the 9th floor. As you mentioned the views over the Inlet are truly amazing and I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I do apologise that your room was not up to our usual high standards. I have shared your comments with my Executive Team for further review of all rooms to ensure that our standards are maintained.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we may welcome you back for a more positive stay.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We had high and low experiences in this hotel. We loved the view, our room, the breakfast buffet and the staff. What we did not like was the long wait to have a bite at the pool (min 45min) and the fact that

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear Peter V,

Thank you for submitting your review based on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, including the view, room and breakfast, however I am disappointed to read that you had to wait 45 minutes for your meal by the pool. I feel that there was more to this comment although it seemed to be cut off so I do apologise for the shortfalls you encountered during your stay. This is not the typical standards that we strive to deliver and please be assured that we take your feedback seriously.

I do hope to welcome you back for a more positive stay in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Typical Hilton with a tropical flare. Nice rooms with great staff. Concierge is very helpful. In fact all the Aussies we met were great.
Great pool but can't remember if we ate in the restraunts. They arranged a tour for us to the reef.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear bailey b,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff and facilities to be to of a high standard. Our pool is a truly inviting oasis as it is surrounded by lush tropical gardens making it a hidden gem from the city surrounding it. A very relaxing setting for our guests to unwind and I'm pleased that you enjoyed it.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the future.