“They will let you know what you need”

Raging Thunder Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$110.74*
and up
Fitzroy Island Sea Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Raging Thunder has been taking thrill seekers White Water Rafting in North Queensland since 1984, and we offer 3 different levels of excitement .... 1) BARRON rafting is a afternoon trip perfect for those who have never rafted before, or want a fun afternoon close to Cairns .... 2) TULLY rafting is a full day adventure on the Tully River, regarded as the best rafting location across both Australia and New Zealand, no prior experience is necessary .... 3) XTREME rafting pumps up the adrenaline running a custom raft adventure for small groups of confident swimmers on the Tully River, rafting with our most experienced senior guides you will encounter extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing.
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The people advising are so great and friendly, the Irish guy will make sure you choose best activities, everything is clear ans simple. They will plan all you you !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)
All reviews
in 10 reviews
"these guys"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This was one of the most fun tours of the entire trip, in large part due to our guide Spencer. He is hilarious and had us do some crazy stuff (glad we did) that at the time seemed impossible and too scary to try. We did the 1/2 day afternoon Barron river tour. Picked up at the hotel and dropped off at around 645pm.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went on a trip to Fitzroy Island yesterday while on honeymoon in Cairns. Ok, the weather wasn't great, meaning we could do the activities we'd planned while on the island, but, what is completed unacceptable is being left at the end terminal on our return with no shuttle back to our hotel, having paid for a return trip!!

We were told to be a bus pick up 6 by the driver dropping us off in the morning for our return, but the bus never showed meaning me had to make our own way back in wet clothes and a huge storm. Shame on you!! It felt like "we've had your money, now sod you!!"..

Whilst on the island we were told there would be no lifeguards on duty and most of the activities would be cancelled due to the cyclone type storm approaching! There was a beautiful hotel facility at the island with a lovely pool, so why didn't they arrange for us to use those facilities as all our activities were cancelled, but no! Stranded on an island, albeit it a beautiful one, for 8 hours with nothing to do!! Why not just cancel the trip because of the bad weather, refund us and be done with it?? No, it was take our money, then leave us at the terminal on our return!! Absolutely shameful, and at least Dick Turpin had a mask on when he robbed poeple!!

2  Thank jonesy2901
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing day out with them. So organised and on the ball with every detail. Malcolm is a legend - hopefully he will come and raft the River Findhorn in Scotland sometime.. Thanks to all for an amazing day.....

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

When I tried to book the Barron Rafting for 4 persons tomorrow online, I received a message that the booking was invalid and therefore locked. Then I phoned them and booked it over the phone as we missed the one in Sydney in Jan 2017. AUD500 was debited from my credit card at 1207 today but I have not still received a confirmation by email. Therefore, I phoned them again and repeated not only my email account but also the email account of my husband. I have still after four hours not received the confirmation by email.

3  Thank Brenda C