All reviews west end bathroom suite melbourne st train line full kitchen free wifi state library south brisbane train station washing machine great kitchen convention center suncorp stadium these apartments cultural precinct stay there again within walking distance the cafe downstairs
Reviewed 15 July 2018

professional service, super little apartment , modern decor. Nice to self cater after a day enjoying the Brisbane scene. Liked the view of the sunset over Brisbane from the balcony. Currently staying in a motel which is more expensive but has far less facilities.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Stayed for 2 nights and was impressed with their self contained unit and facilities. Only issues was shower was to small. When you had to grab bath soap you had to keep it on the sink outside the shower. Caused the water to run out of shower.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Having stayed here a number of times in the Artisan building, this stay in the Station 16 building was a bit of a disappointment. Same great location, a short walk to trendy Fish Lane and great restaurants or a little further to Southbank for the great riverside parklands. Room 604 was looking a little tired with a blown globe over the cooktop leaving the kitchen quite dark. Pulling out the rangehood for some extra light meant getting oily fingers from the cover. The cooktop while functional was badly marked from use rather than being dirty. The very tiny shower was hardly large enough to shower without bumping the elbows on the sides and the vanity was tiny with no room to place any toiletries. The lock on the balcony door was also about to fall off. We will definitely stay again and hopefully will be back in Artisan next time. The staff at reception were as helpful as always and the parking at $15 per night is reasonable for the location. In this complex of 3 buildings so far we have tried 2, the third building is called Basse which we have not yet tried.

Room Tip: Stay in Artisan
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Options are limited in South Brisbane, so was looking forward to trying somewhere new. The compact apartments at Morgan Suites promised a better-than-hotel experience.

Sadly the pleasant appearance was on the surface only.

Main issue: the apartment was dirty. I mean, gross.

The bathroom was dusty behind all the doors, but easily the worst was a large halo of wee stains on the floor tiles around the toilet. I know the apartments aren’t responsible for savages who are too lazy to aim, but they are obliged to clean before the next guest. I was unable to actually reach the toilet without stepping in the dried wee - so was forced to wear a pair of travel slippers just to use the loo. I had to throw them out afterwards, it was so revolting.

The rest was ok - aircon, wifi were fine, modernish (if cheap) furniture and fittings. Kitchen was sparsely stocked and had punitive rules (wash and dry everything, take your own garbage to the basement dumpster, or you’ll be charged a cleaning fee etc. - a bit rich considering the state of the bathroom). Carpet could have done with a good vacuum. Wardrobes were small, too narrow to lay a carry-on case open on one side without leaving the sliding door open. There is on-site parking and a pool but I didn’t use either so can’t comment on those.

I arrived after business hours - note there is no staffed reception, you collect your keys from a postbox with SMS instructions, which may not suit some. Interestingly the reception wasn’t staffed the next morning either, just a slot to deposit your key.

Overall, the experience was like using the self-checkout at a supermarket: you feel like you’re doing a lot of their work and paying for the privilege.

Even so - if the place was clean it would probably be ok.

But my room was dirty enough to put me off permanently. I won’t be going back.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Geoff M, Manager at Morgan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi MissAnd123

I am sorry that you have had this experience however can you please email us on reservations@morgansuites.com.au so I can address the issue with our cleaning contractors. This is certainly not an experience I wish on any of our guests.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I stayed here for a work trip and selected it because it was close to the train station and ferry terminal I needed to use. It was 10min walk from the train station and probably 15 to the ferry. From town (Queen st mall area) it was 20min walk back.
There was a coles that was 10minutes walk as well, as well as loads of places to get food.
I was in number 18 - the Artisian suite. My apartment was large and had a full kitchen (proper oven, cooktop and dishwasher etc as well as full sized fridge) as well as a washer and drier which was super handy.
Bed was super comfy.
Internet went pretty well for free wifi as well.
I used the pool every day, it's just a lap pool but was great to cool down, I had it to myself as well (I think the locals thought it was cold weather, but coming from Dunedin mid 20s is summer weather for me). The gym I used once, it has a treadmill and a bike. My only suggestion for that would be to have a bottle of disinfectant spray and cloths so people can wipe the equipment down after use, and to have the remote for the tv there, I couldn't find it to turn it on.
Staff on check in were friendly, and gave me extra coffee when needed.
I had a mountain view room on the 9th floor and had a nice view from the balcony of some hills, and it was a good spot to watch the sunset.
Overall I was pretty happy staying here for around $120 per night, it was much nicer than the price suggested.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business