“Authentic Japanese food really well prepared and tasty”

Hosokawa Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #380 of 5,184 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Like so many others I'm really fussy when it comes to the quality of my Japanese food. I went here with my wife and friends. The food was delicious, the choice on the menu was good. My wife asked for a variation on one of the dishes and there was no trouble accommodating her request. The staff were pleasant and accommodating and quick to respond to our needs. If you're wanting a fine-dining experience - go somewhere else - and you'll get all the bells and whistles - with the same quality food that you'd get here. If you're expecting high class, high end then keep looking. This is simply authentic Japanese food at a good price. It's clear that the chef takes pride in his work

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Someone recommended to go check this place out but was so disappointed!Not a lot of options. Sushi was pretty terrible and no flavour at all!
Ordered the salmon nigiri and asked for Aburi, which they didn’t even have it on the menu, the piece of salmon on top of the rice was huge, no sauce or flavours like the ones I usually have in any other sushi place.
Salmon had that big piece of brown flesh stilll on and so off putting!
Maybe the sashimi is nice and fresh as I seen a couple of tables around have just that but all the meals me and my partner ordered was pretty tasteless and so overpriced!
I usually get the best sushi in east Brisbane for a quarter of the price they charge.
Don’t recommend and won’t ever return.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Best n most fresh sashimi that i ever had. lots of restaurants in the vicinity, but u will see this one always crowded. shows the love of people for the food here.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Food is ok but too many restrictions for having lunch there. Not really impress the environment n waitress service.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My family and I frequented this place as regulars, we wont be going back... On the 28th Dec we had a special Japanese guest staying with us, we wanted to showcase Brisbane best Japanese food and were bitterly disappointed. The udon wasn't cooked well at all, the tuna in the sashimi platter was frozen, not fresh, and tasted like sponge. Complained to one of the owners and was told they didn't have any fresh in stock... very disappointing... thankfully lots of other good Japanese places in Brisbane.