“Chaotic”

The Croft House Town Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #392 of 5,227 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Description: The Croft House Town Kitchen & Bar providing city dwellers and urbanites a place to call their ‘local’. Open from 6:30am - late weekdays and from 7:00am - late on weekends. Where cafe-styled food is a mix of grab-to-go, order from the counter and limited a la carte by day, it becomes bar-centric bistro-style table service, shared plates and drinks by night. All-day-dining, cafe-eatery and Bar.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Always should follow your gut feeling. As we waited for a table for breaky (10 min wait) we noticed the staff seemed to be disinterested and the place seemed chaotic. We should have left then. Got a table and ordered (eggs Benedict) and coffee. Then we waited and waited and waited. Asked where our offer was and was told they were busy (15 mins is too long to wait for coffee). Coffee and food was ok when it came - - but overpriced considering the bad service. Staff seem like they are all on the first day - no coordination/no smiles/quite bad service for a cafe trying to be so good.

Date of visit: April 2018
Kristian_Lindhe, Manager at The Croft House Town Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear johnboy3bw,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. It does seem like we must have been having a busy day however I agree with you this should not impact on our service and generally the team lifts to handle anything that comes our way. I apologise if you feel that has not happened during your visit.

I would certainly be more then happy to discuss your feedback further if you wish to get in contact with me. I would be great to know what day this was so we can try work out why our service hasn't been as outstanding as we usually pride ourselves upon.

Please feel free to contact me via email or the croft house if you wish to discuss this any further.

07 3225 3549 or h8778-fb@accor,com

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Good value breakfast with an on trend menu. Was busy when we went there so was some waiting time for our coffees.

Dear Ricky S

Thank you for your review and we are happy you has a good breakfast.

I apologise if there was a bit of a wait for your coffee and I assure you my team and myself are always on the look out for slow coffee. We want the coffee to come out as quickly as possible and are always working to ensure this happens. Sorry if you had a bit of a wait but we appreciate the positive score.

Hopefully you will visit us again soon and the coffee will be delivered quickly and be delicious as we expect from The Croft House.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

A nice cafe, business meeting place or places for drinks, the Croft House location ous great. Menu is diverse and changes like clockwork. Forget about getting breakfast a minute after the time noted (I understand the full menu but seriously there was a lot of business lost when I was there by many people dropping in. The food is good but you might have to chase the servers a little unless you are in the dining area.

Date of visit: February 2018

Dear CoachK71,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments have been received and discussed with our Executive Chef and we are always looking at ways to improve on our service. We understand and are trying to find the best solution when switching between Breakfast and Lunch to not have to close any services.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to The Croft House soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The Croft House Cafe is located next door to the Sebel hotel . I dropped into the cafe for breakfast which was pretty average compared to others around the CBD. Coffee was average too.

Dear Ellemay,

Thank you for your feedback. Certainly be strive for better then average and certainly apologise if your experience has not matched that on this occasion.

Please try us again the the future as I can assure you we will not rest on an average rating and hope to impress you on a future visit.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Staff very helpful. Quickly served and very comfortable surrounds at a quiet pace even though in the middle of a busy city. My meal was tasty and filling. I was quite happy with my overall experience and would go again.

Date of visit: March 2018
Kristian_Lindhe, Manager at The Croft House Town Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Melissa B,

Thank you for your review.

I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your meal and your overall experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Croft House very soon.

Kind regards