“A trip of a lifetime”

Reel Screamin Barra Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reel Screamin Barra Fishing is well established family owned and operated Fishing Charter Business that has been offering Safaris to the Premier Top End Fishing spots of both Barra and other Top End species for over 12 yrs. All safaris are inclusive of transfers, morning tea, lunch, lures & tackle, and an experienced & friendly guide to help you catch your barra and other local sportfish fish.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Reel Screaming was recommended by another operator who had no tour. I thought "Kick back" How wrong was I. Ursula was great and assisted to no end. Pick up at agreed time, out to Shady Camp with 2 other punters. Jarod was great, professional, funny and genuine. I caught 9 Barra (Biggest being 60cm) 5 Tarpon and dropped about 10 at the boat. Good lunch under a shady tree under the watchful eye of "Fang"
I was lucky because the other 2 punters Brandon & Des were lunatics also and we all got on great... Thanks Jarod for getting me my first Barra!
Drew... Sydney NSW

"charter"
"billabong"
"wildlife"

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Did the half-day mud crab tour and caught some serious crabs. Jarrod does really know the good spots. Great boat as well. It was a great experience and worthwhile. Also good for kids.

1  Thank Philipp G
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Ursula, was very patient with all the emails trying to tee up a day on the river.
We were picked up by Jarrod and headed out with 2 others in the Patrol to the creek. We had a fantastic day with the fishing, scenery, the wildlife & the company!!- we tried a variety of soft plastics with different results but 'NO BARRA'. Great boat, good gear. We will be back!!

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Ursula was very friendly & helpful on initial contact when making the booking. We had a great day even if the fish weren't big enough to take home. The locals didn't do any better that particular day either. We were picked up early & on time. The wetlands & river out at Mary River National Park are awesome. Jarrod showed us how to trawl & as the tide started to go out we did some casting. We saw lots of birds, crocodiles & also some wallabies along the roadside travelling to Mary River. The pick up & drop off, equipment, lunch, sunscreen & drinks are all provided. Jarrod made it easy to enjoy ourselves which made it a very memorable day. RECOMMEND

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 May 2017

My recent trip to Shady Camp with Reel Screamin was the best fishing charter I've ever been on. Each year we travel to various locations fishing and have had many experiences, some good and some not so good.

I must say the thing that stands out greatly with Reel Screamin is their service goes above and beyond. Nothing was too much trouble. Ursula even froze, packed and hand delivered our catch to the airport the day after our charter so we could take home some prized fillets.

This trip was more like fishing with a mate than a charter operator, Jarrod's a great guy and very experienced fisherman but he doesn't let it get to serious and makes sure the trip is about fun as well as fishing. Handlining metre long Threadies just for the hell of it was something I'll never forget.

I lost count how many fish we caught, at a guess 40 in 2 days and all close to 1m in size.

Stop reading reviews and call Reel Screamin, it's an experience of a life time.