“What a delight”

Price range: US$11 - US$39
Cuisines: African, Moroccan, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Moorish Café is adorned with exotic aromas, local artistry, banquette seating and a new modern look with exquisite tables and comfy chairs to truly savour the ambience. Darwin's ten-time Gold Plate Awards winner is also playing with more vivacious flavours from Spain and North Africa. The fascinating menu, features fresh local ingredients, hosts over 30 different tapas with edgy additions like the Grilled sumac spiced NT barramundi with bloodless bloody Mary and the King Salmon and Sichuan pepper pâté with fennel confit. To compliment a drop from the acclaimed cellar of older vintages try the Baharat spiced kangaroo fillet with pickled beetroot, smoked chat potatoes and goat cheese sauce, grilled NT Goldband Snapper fillet with roasted cherry tomatoes and chunky chips, sumptuous slow-cooked tagine or Dukkah crusted Black Angus eye fillet on sweet potato mash with bone marrow and red wine reduction. From private function feasts to intimate dinners for two, Moorish Café creates something delectable for every taste.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came with 2 friends. Place was busy but we were lucky enough to get a table for 3 . We all shared tapas meals and had enough room to order desserts. I had the Turkish delight ice cream . Food and service all top notch . Only thing I was served a posh cider instead of a sweet wine , I asked for Moscato and was told they has a sweet wine in a can . Once Bill came and it said cider and could taste it was too but the tasty meal made up for this!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Baileyjrobson

Reviewed 13 February 2019

Our last night in Darwin was capped off with a great tapas meal at Moorish Café which I found out on the night has been there for 15 years. Not a bad achievement for Darwin they tell me, and its no wonder why, because the food and meal was fantastic.
Great tapas using local ingredients like kangaroo in their Berber spiced kangaroo with tomato jam, which was great and also the grilled chorizo was I loved and their roosted bone marrow. All very good and well presented. The service was the best I've had for a while and we often eat out in Melbourne where we live. The night we were there they were packed and even then the service was not compromised So if your in Darwin, do yourself a favour and check out Moorish Cafe, they do great cocktails as well.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Adam F
Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

After a busy day moving house following night shifts and realising we had no power, it was dinner out for Saturday night!
Moorish was Devine! Having just moved to Darwin, we are always looking for good places to dine and this will be on repeat!
The food is incredible, the pork with chocolate sauce and black bean salsa the most amazing thing I have eaten in a long time, and Karen our waitress was fabulous! We were both hungry and she fully supported our over ordering especially dessert!
The service is incredibly fast and always with a smile, the cocktail list extensive and interesting, and the menu itself amazing and well priced!
Thank you Moorish and Karen for saving our day! See you again soon!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank R6554VAjessicam
Reviewed 24 December 2018

Hubby ordered the seafood hotpot, NT prawns, scallops & NT barra. Interesting method of serving the hotpot saw the prawns completely in their entirety still fully shelled. Now the hotpot was basically a tomato soup and the difficulty was trying to shell the prawns without making a massive mess by fishing (sorry for the pun) around with fingers to extract the prawns from the hotpot and shell them. He gave up!! other than that there was one small piece of fish and one scallop. This was a $39 meal so was definitely disappointing. I opted for 3 tapas. I chose the house baked bread with dukkah & olive oil (ha, no olive oil in the little pinch bowl), patatas bravas (chips with a nice spiced up mayo) and the carrot, smoked cheddar & chive fritters with aioli (2). The bread and dukkah were yum once I got some olive oil, the two fritters are very very small (for $9) probably not much larger that 50c piece but they were delicious. And of course you cannot really muck up patatas. The Sangria was great too, but careful, $28 for a carafe.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Over the past 3 years I have been to Moorish more times then I could remember.

The food here is absolutely delicious, I have only had one bad meal here. Keep in mind I've eaten here well over 50 times.

The regular staff here are lovely people who rush around all night to meet all demands of the patrons.

This place would be my favourite restaurant, not in the NT but all of Aus. I can say that this is a must have if you are in Darwin.

Date of visit: October 2018