“Fresh & tasty but expensive for stir fry ”

The Magic Wok Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 436 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

We came here with extended family and found the food to be fresh and quite tasty. The service was good and the food came out fairly quickly.

I thought it was probably overpriced for the amount of food you actually get. I think you are paying for the “experience” of building your own meal. A dish costs a minimum of $25, regardless of if it is all meat or all vegetable.

The location down a dodgy alley way is probably not ideal when taking guests.

All in all it was an experience and a Darwin institution, however I don’t think I will rush back.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Magic Wok is one of those hidden gems that's off the main street.

I wasn't sure on first look, but after seeing all of the options I had for my dish I was amazed. It's a great place to go with friends on the weekend.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

Friday staff and owner food is great you eat what you want to eat. Every thing is fresh and you can see it! Highly recommend

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 19 November 2018

I have been going to magic wok for over 10 years!
Great service, fresh produce and full of flavor. I always take our visitor's here.
HIGHLY recommended and an absolute must.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

There's something wonderful about a meal that is perfectly suited to what you feel like eating. At The Magic Wok, you choose how much food, what you want to eat, and the flavours. There no issue with how much chilli, uncertainty over the unwanted inclusion of ginger or horrible capsicum. It's just what you want, done in any combination of sauces. The pricing (by weight) is quite reasonable, and the chefs in the box return your freshly cooked meal through the hatch rapidly.

Julie is lovely, and the wine and beer selection reinforce the hospitality she extends to all guests. Pictured was my choice of scallops, prawns and mussels, with green beans, bok Choy, snow peas and bean shoots plus hokkien noodles in garlic and honey sauce. Bonus sprinkle of fried noodles on top.

Date of visit: October 2018