US$130
US$100
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Oaks Elan Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Argus Apartments Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$170
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Rydges Darwin Central(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$95
Agoda.com
US$74
US$66
US$144
US$129
Argus Hotel Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$109
  • Breakfast included
US$64
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Darwin Waterfront Luxury Suites(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$823
Official Site
All reviewsclose to the airporton demandfree shuttlean early flightbetween flightsbeautiful poolchinese restaurantan overnight staycomfy bedhandy locationpool area isshort staybungalowcasuarinacbd
Reviewed 5 June 2016

After coming in off a late flight with a early morning start it provided a bed and a shower and it did its job.

But if I was using it as my base then its simply not good enough. The room was old tired and run down.

They are charging top prices for an ordinary product. Just because you are in a remote region it does not justify the price. With no WIFI then its a deal breaker.

Spend the $31 cab fare and transfer into the city where modern hotels abound on the strand.

I could not recommend this motel.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Jamie O, General Manager at Mercure Darwin Airport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Auscoach, thank you for your feedback and disappointing to hear of your experience. I am very surprised as we have WIFI throughout both properties and as a loyalty member this is complimentary. So I am not sure if this is the same property you are referring to, please don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can obtain more information on the WIFI provision.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Excellent stay, convienent location, friendly staff, clean, comfortable room, awesome pool, great surrounds, peaceful & a great start to my Graduation trip. I only wish I could have stayed longer & I will definitely be back for a longer period next time.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Wendy G, thank you for your great feedback and excellent to hear of the positive start to your graduation trip. We absolutely look forward to seeing you back again soon and for longer. Hopefully I get the chance to say g'day next time you come through.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I spent six weeks in all at this hotel over three visits. I was upgraded the first time to an executive room and also on my request on the second time at no extra cost.
The exec rooms are the only ones to stay in if your staying a few days. My third visit saw me being located in a bungalow, nowhere as good as the exec units.
My first stay was very enjoyable not a single problem.
The second stay was not, firstly the air conditioning unit in the lounge room did not work at all and after three complaints it still did not function and not a word back from management, the good thing was the bedroom air con did work and I watched TV in the night time from bed as there was a second flat screen TV in the bedroom.
I ate in the restaurant virtually every night as I was too tired to venture elsewhere, the menu was limited and quite overpriced and quite often things were off the menu ($45 rib eye steak) some beers were also unavailable.
Some restaurant staff were extremely pleasant (Australian) and some others had extremely poor English, I had to give up ordering a 50/50 pizza to the edge.
The male supervisor forgot the order one night and lied when we complained, there were also double standards as some guests were served dishes from the lunchtime menu and we were refused by the arrogant supervisor.
On return for the third visit we found we had not been booked in, a very poor excuse was given as she stated she could not accept a booking made by a third party.
My third visit being housed in the bungalow made for restless sleep as I could hear the planes at night and the possums jumping and scurrying across the roof. Many insects were apparent in and around the bungalow. It was also difficult to locate the key in the doors due to the very dim outside light.
We also ordered pack lunches which were quite average and we cancelled at the end as one day we all had some disgusting mulch with curled up cheese and I think sultanas which smelt and hinted at a dose of the runs.
The laundry was often out of washing powder and one day staff had to drive to the Novotel to borrow some so I could wash my work clothes.
Breakfast is quite expensive and not worth it. Sometimes no orange juice only pineapple and apple, also no muesli and cornflakes were old and stale.
On the upside a wealth on TV stations and Foxtel and reasonably clean rooms.
WIFI was free however limited to two hours a day.
The place was quite cheap at $105 a night however jumped to $125 on the third visit.
The setting for this place is very engaging, the whole place needs a wake up call.

Room Tip: Executive room ground floor as they have brick walls, less noise, cooler and no possums in or on roof.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business

Dear Lynn H, thank you for your feedback and it would be great to speak with you in person. I have also spoken with the person you spoke with in the restaurant particularly as it is completely unacceptable on his behaviour. I certainly hope we see you for visit #4 and don't hesitate to come and ask for me, I would thoroughly appreciate the opportunity to thank you in person.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Arrived early hours of morning 2.45am due to late flight out of Melb for overnight at this hotel before late morning flight. Had rang & advised my flight would get in late. So got put in room right next to cleaners station & laundry, quite a distance from reception, have to find my way to room on poorly lit paths early hours of morning. Room very average, not a twin that I had booked & not 'superior' No free wifi, no info provided. So much for sleeping & relaxed morning! Cleaners running water, banging buckets right next to room by 8am. Got up & left immediately. Better to wait at airport than spend time (or money on breakfast) at this establishment.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Heather M

Dear Heather M, thank you for your feedback and disappointing to hear of your experience from the contract housekeeping team, I have personally spoken to them as this is unacceptable. Very soon we have some perfect new rooms coming online which will be ideal to stay in from your flights. So keep an eye out for their launch in July.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Slept well, snacked well and swam and relaxed well at the pool. The cleanliness and sprightliness of the place both calmed and revived me. The shower was fine and the aircon and fan were cool. Aesthetic garden surroundings and airport shuttle all help.
I walked the informative trail from the airport to the hotel in ten minutes or so.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo

Dear francesca082, fantastic to hear of your excellent experience and that we calmed and revived you, that is exactly what we are here for. We look forward to seeing you back again and all the best for the year ahead.