Oaks Elan Darwin
Mantra on the Esplanade(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$123
  • Restaurant
Darwin Central Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$102
Hilton Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$161
  • Restaurant
Argus Hotel Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$151
US$116
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Leprechaun Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$71
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$135
Trip.com
  • Pool
Palms City Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$112
getaroom.com
All reviewsfull length mirrorrestaurant downstairswasher and dryerroom serviceone bedroom apartmentpool and gymfull kitchenlovely roomfree wifiserviced dailyliving areastayed for nightsper daywould stay againmitchell streetnice poolair conditioning
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed my time at the Oaks Élan. Staff were super friendly, the Seoul restaurant had amazing food and service not to mention happy hour specials my room was out of this world, modern, comfortable and classy with superb views!!❤️ close to the centre of town and about a 7 minute walk from the waterfront - just be careful walking there at night!! Relaxed and wonderful, I'll stay here again if I'm ever in Darwin

Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Hollie L, Manager at Oaks Elan Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear Lisa_Price2014,
Thank you for taking the time to review Oaks Élan following your recent stay.
I am thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us whilst visiting Darwin! Great service and customer value are what we strive for here at Oaks Élan and I am happy to read you were able to experience this. We are ideally situated in the city, close enough to a variety of attractions and restaurants and by the sounds of things you were able to visit a few whilst here.
Again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Wanting to relax and enjoy the pool and a night in town. Pool was absolutely gross! It was more than a little cloudy! Couldn't see past the first step. Told the nice man at reception, but really if this is a regular occurrence (as a resident told me in the lift) what can he do?? Darwin is literally stinking hot at the moment and we should ALL get what we pay for! Grrrrr. Should have booked elsewhere but thought it would be good to try something new. Get your act together Oaks Elan!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darwinite67
Hollie L, Manager at Oaks Elan Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear Darwinite67,

Thank you for your review of the Oaks Élan Darwin following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that your experience with us was not up to our usual high standard. My sincere apologies that you have been inconvenienced during your stay because of this. We pride ourselves on ensuring all our guests have an enjoyable stay whilst here and are able to make use of all our facilities, so what you have experienced is inexcusable. If you wish to discuss the matter further please contact me directly at amelandarwin@theoaksgroup.com.au.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Okay so I am gonna be honest and blunt, starting with positive notes then finishing with negative and then I will make my overall rating.

Staff * * * * *
Very friendly, very helpful with local knowledge and advice on what to do and see.
Location * * * *
Right in the heart of town food, drinks and entertainment just a short walk away.
Facilities * * * *
24 hour access pool and gym, always a plus for me ... night owl normally.
Restaurant * *
Looked very nice on the outside, closed all easter, very short opening hours for breakfast, and rooms service unavailable when I tried to make an order.
Lastly the room *
As much as I wanted to give the room more then one star I simply cant yes the room has a very nice TV (compared to other hotels) but in general the rest was stock e.g bar fridge (expected some sort of beverage but nothing was there),
Couch was stiff and very uncomfortable,

So if you have read this far you will probably be asking yourself why would he rate it only 1 star.
Reason is this, the bed linen had very distinct stains on them, the carpet had two very large coffee stains, the toilet seat was lose and when I first used it it pinched my ... well you know ... also here is the final straw the cleaning staff left me a note stating that the bed linen had been replaced (no it hadn't) the towels had been replaced (no they hadn't) bathroom complimentary items replaced (only half of them, the important stuff like soap and shampoo and conditioner were not), and lastly bath room refreshed (the only thing that this ment in my case was fold the end of the toilet paper to look like a triangle, leave a large amount of cleaning product on the toilet seat still wet and un washed, and a very large puddle of dirty mop water that had failed to drain down the shower plug hole).
Summing up I paid a fair price for the room considering it was the off season and the hotel was doing room renovations but that was not excuse for the room condition nor the cleaning conditions.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank Scott L
Hollie L, Manager at Oaks Elan Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear Scott L,

Thank you for your review of Oaks Élan Darwin, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Great to hear we were able to meet your needs on a number of key points, we do have a great team here at Oaks Élan so I have no doubt they were able to assist to ensure an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding the rooms and housekeeping I will be sure to pass these points on to our relevant department heads.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Received an upgrade on arrival, comm was really comfortable and tidy with a decent view. Hotel is really close to the central precinct and the staff were really helpful and friendly! Great place to stay for a night or two, and the pool was fantastic at sunset.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
Hollie L, Manager at Oaks Elan Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Dear Stu M,

Thank you for reviewing the Oaks Elan Darwin on Trip Advisor following your recent stay, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am pleased to read that you found our apartments and facilities to be well suited for your visit to Darwin! We are lucky enough to be located in the city where we are able to get a great view of the sunsets here and I am glad you were able to experience this whilst here with us at Oaks Elan.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 10 March 2016

We stayed in two rooms on the 20th floor, and found that most things were good.

The good
*Ceiling fans in the room - great for the tropical climate and rare in Darwin hotels
*Good sized veradah with table and chairs, and a good view
*Large armchairs
*Loads of bathroom storage
*Hair dryer with diffuser
*Modern attractive furniture
*Block our curtains plus sheers
*Inter-connecting rooms
*Bathroom layout is spacious and practical

The not so good
*Reception area was very noisy with what sounded like an air conditioner compressor
*No full length mirror in the room, and the bathroom mkirror was placed too high to be effective
*The cement pathway into each room looks unfinished and out of place
*Theres no bin in the main bedroom, just the bathroom
*The lifts are very slow
*No coffee or tea making facilities
*No clock

As a newly opened hotel they haven't quite gotten there yet, but are well on their way.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Go_to_more_places
Hollie L, Manager at Oaks Elan Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2016

Dear Scenic Flights,
Thank you for reviewing the Oaks Élan Darwin following your recent stay with us.
We appreciate the feedback provided from your stay, please rest assured these areas for improvement have been noted and passed on to our relevant department managers for review and rectification. I am however pleased to read that our in room facilities and amenities were of convenience for your stay. We are still in the process of updating a number of our rooms, but do thank you for your feedback.