Novotel Darwin CBD
Mantra on the Esplanade(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$122
  • Restaurant
Palms City Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$111
Agoda.com
Oaks Elan Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
Hilton Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$159
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$112
Mantra Pandanas(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$111
H Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$127
  • Restaurant
Darwin Central Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$195
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Argus Hotel Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
The Leprechaun Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$73
1,444 results
All reviewsnovotel atriumroom upgradelounge areamitchell streetqueen beda bit tiredacross the roadbuffet breakfastpleasant stayharbour viewtop endgreat positionbars and restaurantscar parkingesplanadenovateljabiru
Reviewed October 10, 2015

This is one of my favourite hotels in Darwin. When you walk in my first impression was the outside is inside, it was a nice surprise!! The Hotel has a very large atrium with tons and tons of plants, flowers and even a small pond that you can walk over that holds fish. It was very fun and cool, something different for sure!! I had a Superior room which gave me a lounge plus a private bedroom with harbor views. The bed was very comfy and I didn’t want to get out of it most mornings. I had room service one morning and that was exceptional as well. Great hotel and that cost was reasonable! I would stay there again no problem.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig D, General Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2015

Dear Maryann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the hotel with concurring travellers.

I was pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed all of the facilities our hotel has to offer, together with our glorious breakfast.

As you mention our central atrium of the hotel is unique to Darwin and has an abundance of native trees and foliage to enjoy when in the area. The ideal location to enjoy a relaxed luncheon or pre-dinner drink.

We appreciate your feedback immensely and would love to welcome you back to the hotel you’re your next in Darwin.

Reviewed October 10, 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 7, 2015

Passing by Darwin for a weekend, so after a long long flight, all I want is a nap and a shower. I arrived at the hotel around 9am, was told the room not ready. But the front desk manger is kind enough to make some arrangement, which I can get the room in a lower floor immediately. I feel so welcome by her, such a lovely young lady.

I got upgraded to a really nice room, it's spacious, sort of like a suite, with a sofa bed and double bed, two tv set. And the only bad thing about the lower floor is the view, it's blocked, but it's fine, I don't really stay in a lot.And the rest is basic, nothing fancy but comfy enough. So I manage to grab some sleep, then someone break in, turn out it's for the mini-bar fill up.

And the next day, the house keeper break in again without knocking the door. I realized I didn't put the DND sign out there, but the thing is please knock, at least? Anyway, later on I put the sign on, but seems like they don't really get use to people who do have a late check out, I have to convince the lady from the house keeping that I am not leaving until 1700. At that moment, I did put on the DND sign. It'll be nice if she can just checked with the front desk, so I won't feel so annoyed in my own room.

Apart from all the hassle, this is a nice and welcoming hotel, right in the CBD. I know Darwin is small though, still you will like to close by the bar area, so you can choose whatever you feel like.

If I am coming back again soon, definitely stay here.

Stayed: October 2015
Craig D, General Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2015

Dear Cath,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with likeminded traveller’s regarding your experience at the property.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found our facilities to be comforting. I regret that your sleep was interrupted by our team and will ensure that all employees are aware of the correct procedure before entering an occupied room.

Thank you again and for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the property when you’re next in Darwin.

Reviewed October 5, 2015 via mobile

Front of house staff are good but are let down by standard of hotel. Our first room had a faulty air con and the late night staff moved us to a new room quickly. New room was quite dirty - used plaster in bed and hairs on wall of bathroom. I'm used to Novotel being a clean, basics right hotel. This missed the mark.

Ps swimming pool is pretty much always on shade so don't book this place of you are wanting to get your tan on.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mabbitts
Craig D, General Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2015

Dear MabbittBawcutt,
Many thanks for your recent review and I regret that your stay and experience at the property didn’t live up to the expectations we strive to deliver.
Whilst I’m pleased that our team made a positive impression on you during your stay I regret that you experienced cleaning and maintenance issues with your room; which I shall review with our housekeeping manager to ensure we present our rooms to a consistent high cleaning standard with no maintenance concerns.
I regret that you found our swimming pool area unsuitable, although it’s partially covered with sails to protect guests against the sun when swimming. The majority of the area is open and attracts sunlight throughout the day.

Thank you again and I do hope you will consider staying with us again when you’re in Darwin.

Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

While the staff were lovely and very accomodating, the building and facilities left a lot to be desired. Walls were grubby and had numerous patch-paint marks. There was an odd smell in the open aired lobby area and the furniture needs an update. The double bed was uncomfortable with only two pillows. Bathroom was dirty with scum marks around the drains. Overall, staff were friendly but the building and facilities left a lot to be desired.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madeleine G
Craig D, General Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Dear Madeleine,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your review based on your recent stay at the Novotel Darwin Atrium. I regret that your stay and experience at the property didn’t meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We’re a unique property with an Atrium foyer and larger accommodation rooms compared to a newer hotel; with our rooms being refurbished less than two years ago in the Novotel branded style. We do receive many positive comments based on our hotel presentation and I am delighted to advise we are in discussions to refurbish the ground level area of the hotel which includes new furniture and rejuvenation of the area.
I shall review your cleaning concerns with our housekeeping manager to ensure we offer a consistent clean room for our guests always. Also our rooms have extra pillows and blankets in the bedroom cupboards and apologise that you weren’t made aware of this.
I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again when you’re next in Darwin.