“Very tasty Indian food, not Australian Indian food”
Review of Tandoori Vibes

Tandoori Vibes
Ranked #157 of 436 Restaurants in Darwin
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Description: Located in the heart of Darwin CBD Tandoori Vibes gives you the intimate and relaxing dining experience and ensure that you enjoy a great food and memorable service experience every time. Ideally located on Knuckey Street our restaurant is minutes walk from the Darwin Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre and Waterfront Precinct.If you love Indian cuisine our menu is a MUST TRY!
Reviewed 26 September 2018

This was a spur of the moment restaurant, it wasn't very busy, compared to the other restaurants along the street, which always makes us think. But we went for it, and was very pleasantly surprised. The food was made fresh, and authentic Indian rather than some Indian restaurants where we have had to ask if it is Indian food or Australian Indian food, as some restaurants cater for the local palette rather than proper Indian food.
The service polite and efficient

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Ordered take-away & was pleasantly surprised by the tender goat. It's always hot & miss with Indian. The only reason for the 4 star is I asked for 'hot' but I got barely medium... But the flavour & spice was very traditional... On point.
Naan bread was maybe a little doughy but I'm not a great bread girl so maybe Roti next time.
Conclusion.... I'd go back for the goat in a second. Will just need to ask for Indian hot, not Western hot....

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The ambience is terrible. The waiter looked like he had been beaten into submission. I am surprised this place is still open.
I think there would be more life in a funeral home.
The food is disappointing. Everything has a dash of cream in it even though the menu doesn’t declare it.
I need to learn from my mistake.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Good service, very friendly and great food even for those with special food requirements. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I ordered a vegetarian dhal, sparking water and a garlic naan bread, the rice was complimentary. Total was over $35. I find this a bit pricey for one persons meal.
Yes the meal was nice i can't complain about that, portion size was comfortable. Tables did need a good wipe over, food was nice but wont be a return customer due to overall cost.

Date of visit: April 2018