“Really disappointing, slow meal prep and lacking flavour”
Review of BAY85

BAY85
Reserve a table
Mon, 21/06
20:00
Ranked #12 of 153 Restaurants in Wagga Wagga
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Located in the heart of Wagga’s main street, BAY85 offers world class cuisine. Relaxing Cafe during the day, exciting Restaurant & Bar at night. An extensive drink selection of Cocktails, Wines & Spirits accompanies an amazing dining experience. Chill out with some friends, enjoy our music in a rustic industrial setting.
Reviewed 8 January 2021

I came here based on the majority of positive reviews, hoping the most recent reviews weren't reflective of this place. I was wrong.
I was seated fairly quickly, had menus & tap water handed to me and asked if I wanted a drink within a few minutes, that was fine, the staff seemed attentive, and as found later on, apologetic. They get a point for service.

There was a lunch specials menu, so I went for a pork wrap with chips, and ordered one of the tap beers. I spotted a couple across the other side of the dining area to me slowly sipping on milkshakes with no food. I noticed half an hour later they still had no food, so I had no idea how long they'd be waiting. Their meal came out a few minutes before mine, and mine took about 40 minutes. I ordered a 2nd beer while waiting, it took so long I'd finished my first one.

The pork roll was a bit sad, it was lukewarm for starters, the sauce was a bit sour, and there wasn't much flavour to speak of. The chips were nothing exciting, just bland. I have no idea why it took so long to make, when a kebab or souvlaki place could've put the same meal together in 5 minutes, and for a better price.

I was in town for another day before leaving, so I visited Guzman Y Gomez instead. Much better lunch option, go there or Zambrero instead.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (114)

Reviewed 12 December 2020

Our overall experience was unfortunately very poor. Initially, the customer service was very nice and on the ball, however we ended up waiting for 1hour and 15 minutes for 3 kids nachos and pork ribs. This was appalling for us as we were there on a school trip, and ultimately had to get our meals as takeaway as we walked out the door.

Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

I ordered:
Salt and Pepper Calimari - dry, tough and cold on delivery. Slaw was ok, dressing was tasty

Vego spring rolls - EXCELLENT, best I've had in a while.

Haloumi Bites - large serving (pleasantly unexpected). Very salty coating, i could not eat it. Others on table said same.

Overall, very underwhelming for my experience, the other food that came out for my friends looked great but i didn't try theirs.

Reviewed 17 November 2020

The service was nice and the food was relatively fast but the menu is just over priced for every meal. The meal itself wasn't cooked properly either. In my opinion the food was properly rushed. Maybe the meat was microwaved. Who knows.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

I can’t see how this place has received such positive ratings. I’ve been sitting here for almost an hour and a half and still no Pho. My husband waited over an hour for a very disappointing chicken burger. He’s finished his lunch and still I food. Ah, mine just arrived. Not worth the wait. The Pho is terrible.

Date of visit: September 2020