“Enjoyable modern Lebanese cuisine.”
Review of Zahli

Zahli
Ranked #10 of 6,661 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Been twice to this restaurant in Surry Hills. Friendly and efficient staff, good modern take on Lebanese cuisine, a few great Lebanese wines and a gracious owner. Nice restaurant fit out too. Not a belly-dancer to be seen either.
Recommended when you fancy Middle Eastern food without the usual down-market feel that often accompanies Lebanese restaurants with their old and dirty Persian Carpets hanging from the walls.
Very enjoyable meals.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Visited this restaurant completely based on TripAdvisor reviews and it didn't let us down at all. Loved every bit of the food from the entrees to the dessert. Staff were super friendly and helpful in recommending the best from the menu. The price was decent and the owner was friendly, spoke to us for a while and had the dessert on him since it was my birthday.

Thank you Zahli for making my birthday dinner so memorable and for providing excellent service and food! Would definitely recommend and go again...

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This was only our 2nd visit in 5 months but worth the wait. Clean food, great service and the ambience of Zahli has been great on both occasions.
Yesterday at 7pm it was a full house and not touristy in anyway (considering this is a top3 on TA). There are a good amount of service staff and the service is just right and not overbearing in any way. The Owner / GM does a fantastic job in welcoming customers and will say hello. You can see that all of the staff want to make sure your experience and food are on point and I can confirm it has been on both occasions.
If you like middle eastern food, you can't go wrong with Zahli.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We were staying at Adina Central the night before the KD Lang concert and, after a day of travelling, did not feel like going out for dinner. Trip Adviser gave me the clue!! Pick up a take-away from Zahli. And such a pleasant experience from the moment the owner, Mohammed, picked up the phone to take our order, down to the last morsel consumed. I have loved Lebanese food since I first tried it in Canberra 40 years ago, but don't always find freshness and good quality where I am travelling. Mohammed is passionate about the excellence of his food and the cleanliness and staff attention. The place was rocking with large family tables all enjoying the evening.

Sitting around the coffee table in our hotel room, we simply spread everything out and slowly worked out way through each delicious dish. Our choices were dips of Labneh, Baba Ghannouj and Hommos plus Sambousik meat, Falafel, golden fried cauliflower with tahini sauce, and vine leaves.

We will definitely be back to dine in when next in Sydney

1  Thank marilynp124
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This was my first lebanesse meal. I loved it! We totally over ordered but we are all full. My son is hypoglycemic and only 4 so very fussy. We are gluten, dairy and egg free and these diet requirements were not even a bother. The waitress/hostess was super helpful and friendly. We had many dishes like the hummus, falafal chicken wings, mixed grill and zanush.... Or something like that. All were delicious. We would highly recommend this place to anyone. Thank you gir a great first night in Sydney. They deserve to be no 3 on trio adcisor, if not 1st.

1  Thank Kristiinajo7