4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
Expedia.comUS$98
TravelocityUS$98
Orbitz.comUS$98
eDreamsUS$99
8,302 results
All reviews darling harbour great location studio apartment town hall station washing machine these apartments great apartment world square high floor full kitchen george st home away from home central location public transport opera house balcony chinatown
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I love staying in this place and have stayed there many many times..
The location is very central and within walking distance from many of Sydney's attractions and also to public transport...
The Apartments are spacious with everything you need... I consider them a 5 star level
Love having a kitchen, lounge and a balcony.. all compliment and complete a nice stay..

This time, however, I noticed that the place had been left to run down without regulat maintenenance.. wall patches requiring paint, kitchen cupboard doors don't close properly, balcony and air conditioning unit in need of a thorough clean and paint.. It's no longer a 5 star standard, in my view

I will still stay there when I go to Sydney again but I hope that they lift their game a bit!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cameron Smith, Marketing at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Hello 854rif, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am glad to know that you've enjoyed your regular stays, especially taking appreciation of our convenient location as well as recognising and love the extra space that we offer in our suites.

I will also be passing on your feedback about potential maintenance that may have been overlooked. We do regularly conduct work within all the suites to maintain the same level of quality that we're known for. I thank you for bringing to our attention what you have noticed so we can make improvements to our product offering.

If we can be of any further assistance, do reach out to us directly.

Kind regards,

Cameron S.
Social Media Specialist — Meriton Suites.

Reviewed 5 March 2021

First thing we saw on the floor upon entering the bedroom was an empty condom wrapper! Yuck Meriton!! If it was clear to us what are your cleaners doing? The bathroom was grotty.. mould in the shower and sink with in ground dirt on all floor tiles. Has a great view but the glass windows were so filthy with face and hand prints they rendering a photo op useless. We were told all rooms were thoroughly cleaned due to covid... not convinced.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Meriton Suites, Guest Services / Front Office at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Robert C,

Thanks for the candid feedback, its always nice to hear from our guests and fellow Hoteliers.

Were so terribly sorry to hear that we failed to meet expectations during your recent stay, it would seem that our team may have inadvertently released this room for occupation prematurely.

Please do accept my personal apologies, this is certainly not the high level of cleanliness that Meriton Suites prides itself or is best known for.

I hope that in time you might forgive any shortcomings and look to return to Meriton Suites Kent Street.
The team and I would be grateful for the opportunity to turn your experience around and ensure a comfortable stay.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss your stay further or if you would like to return.

mgr.nsw2@meriton.net.au

Reviewed 4 March 2021

Sadly our stay was the worst we have ever had in Sydney. We had to line up every time we wanted to get the lift up or down for 20 mins or longer. This is unacceptable to say the least. The 2 bedroom suite was comfortable, but completely lacking in any hint of colour. We found that there was no plug for the bathtub, also the bathroom door would not shut. Also no one came to fix it after we requested. There was shouting in the reception area from dissatisfied customers. We would never stay there again. Also the costs were exhorbitant. We were charged different rates on different nights. 1st night $313/- 2nd $677/- 3rd $ 313/- 4th $250/-. Our total bill was $1,739/-. The lift system was also the worst we have ever seen.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Meriton Suites, Guest Services / Front Office at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Hi ryanjim2021,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, the team and I were most upset to learn of your disappointment.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment and frustration with the elevators.

As we pride ourselves in following responsible covid guidelines, our elevator capacity has been reduced to ensure compliance and safety of our all our guests.
Naturally this has meant a longer than usual wait for the elevators, although 20 minutes does seem excessive, not-with-standing, I thank you for your patience and understand that it has negatively impacted your stay overall.

I was pleased to read that our 2 bedroom suite was fit for purpose and provided some comfort during your recent stay to Sydney.

We do hope that in time, you might forgive any perceived shortcomings and look to return to Meriton Suites Kent St. The team and I would be delighted to extend a warm welcome back and ensure that any future stay be as memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

Best location, really comfortable beds and pillows. Kitchen has everything you need. love how they have verandahs. Pool n spa fantastic We have stayed there probably 7 times times. Very safe n clean. Pool area n spa very nice

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much, anniemarre1, for this wonderful review.

It is certainly our pleasure to be able to welcome you every time you stay with us. We really appreciate it when our loyal guests provide us with such great feedback. It truly does remind us all that our level of service, as well as the quality and value we are known for, is making a positive impact for you each time you're inhouse.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards,

Cameron S.
Social Media Specialist — Meriton Suites.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

The studio and the facilities were as advertised and was good value for money. Reception staff were professional. What was disappointing that on day 2 and day 3, toiletries and tea bags were not replenished at all and it was an inconvenience to have to wait 20 minutes to get them each morning. Replacement of towels placed in the shower and replenishment of toiletries and tea bags should be standard procedure each day. Also, the safe in the room did not work due to low batteries.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi York2021,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, albeit to learn of your disappointment.

Please accept my unreserved apologies for any shortfall in our service standards, this is certainly not the high level of care that Meriton prides itself or is best known for.

On behalf of all the team, I thank you furthermore for your review and hope that we may welcome you back for a more memorable stay in the not too distant future.