“Dumplings to die for”

Din Tai Fung (World Square)
Ranked #181 of 6,665 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Asian, Taiwanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I love this group of restaurants. I first tried them in KL, followed by Singapore and now Sydney. The dumplings are stunning and the efficiency with which this place is run is a joy to behold. One of their signature dishes is the Xiao Long Bao and it was as good as always. Great place for a meal on the run or to enjoy the hustle and bustle.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I’m a big fan of dumplings, especially shrimp dumplings, and I try them everywhere I’m going! As per usual, I took a shrimp dumpling dish, the pork & shrimp dumplings potstickers, but there was too many stuff in it (vegetable as well). I normally like my shrimp dumplings with only shrimp in it. That being said, if you don’t mind it, it was good.

However, surprisingly, the pork xiao long bao was my favorite dish of the night! Thank you to the waiter for recommending it, saying it is their most popular dish, well I can understand why! The soup in it was just perfect, at the right temperature & the right discrete flavor! I’m normally not a fan of pork or chicken dumplings but these ones are simply amazing!! I even went back a couple of days after to get one dish of only pork xiao long bao (8 dumplings for 13,80$ I think) as a quick snack and I’m planning on going back with a friend.

On that first night, I have also tried the special Truffle dumpling (one dumpling for 4,50$), it was good, the same kind of flavor explosion as the xiao long bao, but I think I might not be a big fan of truffle, even though it was a good dish. I’m glad I’ve tried it.

Will definitely come back every time I’m in Sydney! It is also conveniently situated in CBD at the Westfield mall. Due to its popularity, it fills up rapidly, so you have to don’t mind sitting close to other tables. I’ve never had to wait, but don’t get discouraged if there’s a lineup, the service is quick and efficient so you probably won’t have to wait too long!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Great dumpling with fast service. Where ever in the world they are great but not cheap. Started with dumpling soup, which has 5 dumplings then classic pork dumplings and to close it with a portion of fried dumpling. Their dumplings are so great i just cannot move on to other things they have on the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I was lured to the magic of xiao long bao which they are famous for. The tiny buns are almost like appetizers and are tasty but not the usual dimsum resto I’ve been spoiled to eat at in Chinatowns worldwide. Not a happy foodie here:(
Spend your money somewhere else or just get a takeaway of the buns to sample and move on.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Great meal! Spicy dumpling noodles with spinach, pork soup dumplings and a molten lava bun. Nice glass of Pinot noir to go with it. Quick service. Great atmosphere and good outdoor area. Slightly pricey for the style of restaurant. Definitely go back though.