“Penguin passport”

Ranked #109 of 551 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take an underwater journey through the world famous SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium - Sydney's best family attraction - and discover the most diverse collection of all-Australian aquatic life on earth. Set in the heart of Sydney on beautiful Darling Harbour, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium showcases over 13,000 aquatic animals from 650 species in spectacularly-themed habitat displays. See Australia's unique aquatic life up close, including one of the world's largest and most impressive collections of fish species, rare dugongs, elusive nautilus, beautiful seahorses, giant sharks, jellyfish, thousands of tropical fish, gigantic stingrays, and much, much more. SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium's pair of orphaned dugongs are amongst only a handful of these incredible animals on display anywhere in the world.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Penguin passport was awesome.. me and my partner loved it we learnt so much and enjoyed every minute of it. Heather one of the guides was such a lovely and nice girl. My partner and I came on Easter Sunday. The aquarium was packed. It was very hot that day so it was stuffy.. we had a wonderful time

Write a ReviewReviews (3,997)
All reviews
in 418 reviews
"underwater"
in 179 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not sure what to think - positives, friendly staff, lots of animals, informative, children loved the paw patrol characters(!), penguin boat ride - negatives, I thought the enclosures were small and some of the animals appeared to be swimming in circles, which wasn't nice to see, very hot inside and some of the areas are quite cramped. Glad we went, maybe just struggling with the ethics of it...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As the aquarium is in a small space, there is a lot of walking between the attractions. This is where the queues banked up immensely, with people moving in a non-orderly fashion. However, was there on a public holiday, so this was to be expected. GET A PRE-PAID TICKET TO SKIP THE LINE!!! could have done with more staff to assist movement through the aquarium. Needs a bit of paint and some maintenance work done. Looks downtrodden, however, I do see money going to support the wildlife, which was positive.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I bought the I-Adventure 3 attraction pass. Aquarium is located at Darling Harbour. There are many marine life and an interesting place to spend at least 2 hours. There are sharks, mantaray, dugong. The aquarium has many sections. Must visit if you are in Sydney. We had fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m came here with my two year old nephew. I was flying solo, and although the venue is pushchair friendly, it was tiring pushing it and carrying a sweaty toddler. There are a lot of ramps / a lot of walking, and it’s very hot inside.

There was a good range of sea creatures, and spread out. The penguin ride was very short - given the positive reviews I was expecting to see a lot more. We also didn’t see any dugongs, which was a disappointment.

I bought my ticket online - although the payment went through successfully, I never got a confirmation email. Luckily the people at the counter were able to retrieve my booking.

1  Thank Sarah_nz31