InterContinental Sydney
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$136
Radisson Blu
US$232
US$172
  • Pool
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$124
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$137
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$116
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$169
Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Zetland(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$55
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$192
US$162
4,874 results
All reviewsthe club loungeopera housecircular quaybotanical gardensharbour bridge view roomtreasury buildingmeat winewindow seattop floorseafood buffethigh tearooftop barfive star hotelshower curtaincorner roomlate checkoutan upgrade
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I've now stayed in a lot of Intercons around the world - and they are really my go-to brand for excellent places and this is no different. It is more that it isn't 'as' spectacular as other properties.

The room was really excellent - great space and amazing view.

The service was very, very good - as always with this brand.

I think the thing that sort of stuck with me is the club. At breakfast the club was good - excellent really. During the day the club is slightly sparse. At night - however - the club opens to the public and is terrible. Literally awful - I couldn't leave fast enough. The DJ seemed convinced that we were all there to see him - and the sound was deafening - like headache inducing.

They sell small plates - and I tried two - and they were both inedible. Also - this is where the service I come to expect at an Intercon failed - epically. It was just not good and left a sour taste in my mouth (literally - after eating those oysters I needed to douse my pallet).

That being said - with very minor tweaks, the club could be an OUTSTANDING night spot. The view is spectacular - I mean really amazing. If they could tone down the noise, and improve on the food, this would be a go-to spot for all of Sydney

The pool area is lacking compared to the other Intercons - but is ok. The gym on the other hand - is better than some. (It is tough - once you've spent a week at the Amstel property - the bar is set so damn high)!

All in all, this is getting a 4 because of what it lacks compared to its sister properties. In comparison to the 4 Seasons which is nearby - it is head and shoulders above.

Will certainly stay there again!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank Drewsomeness
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear Drewsomeness,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us most recently. As a very frequent world traveller at many InterContinental Hotels & Resorts - my team and I do appreciate you choosing to stay with us on this occasion and your continued loyalty.

Please accept my sincerest apology to you for the disappointment experienced with our Supper Club offering in the late evenings. We as a hotel definitely have no intention of making any guests’ stay disappointing and I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continuously.

Drewsomeness, thank you for the time to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back to the InterContinental Sydney in the future and be able to restore your faith in our Supper Club.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is true Sydney 5 star hotel, the rooms are a little dated compared with other more modern properties but the Club access, facilities and view on Level 32 are amazing. Worth the expense and benefit to have this little oasis and enjoy Sydney harbour in its fullness. The staff are very attentive and nothing is to much trouble from pre arrival to departure. Only downside I had was charges placed on my credit card minute I stepped into property for full stay and then this charged entirely again on departure. Ouch double the price was not great and took more than a day to resolve which as an Ambassador Member who regularly uses their properties was disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear gaslam,

As an InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Ambassador member, it was with great pleasure that I received your comments about your recent stay with us at InterContinental Sydney - thank you.

The constructive feedback provided by you allows us to enhance the level of service we aim to deliver throughout the hotel and we greatly appreciate your comments and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Thank you however, for your kind words about the hotel and the attentive service. The team will be thrilled to know they were able to make your stay a memorable one.

gaslam, we all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Having stayed at the Intercontinental many times with our small children this was the first time that we stayed as a couple. We decided to upgrade to Club access and we were not disappointed. The staff at the Club were fantastic and we realized what we miss out on when we have our children with us....kids are allowed in the Club area up until 5pm so they are not entirely excluded....but really not a place for kiddies after 5pm. We enjoyed canapes and wines, beer and champagne for 2hrs after 5pm and the service was great and the view perfect. Totally recommend this to anyone when you get a chance. Love this place....whilst the Intercon rooms could do with a refurb to modernize or update - it is always clean, view to die for and now loving the Club...kiddies may have to stay at home from now on....totally recommend!

Room Tip: upgrade for the view - Harbour Bridge, Opera House or Eastern Harbour all amazing
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baefin

Dear baefin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at InterContinental Sydney!

I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations for the service we provided to you. I will surely be sharing your review with our Club InterContinental team in particular, and they will be absolutely thrilled.

baefin, thank you for your continued loyalty - it is always pleasure to have you as our guests and we sincerely hope we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Stayed at Intercontinental Sydney for 2 nights. It is a good location and very near to Opera house, botanical garden, etc. The room is big and clean and from the bathroom I could still watch the TV while brushing my teeth as the hotel cleverly created a small window. The water pressure in the bathroom is good. The café had wide spread of food for breakfast. Once my coffee was taken away accidentally but the manager promptly gave me a box of 6 macrons as compensation. Very thoughtful of him. I requested for soft boiled eggs and the chef obliged me and prepared what I requested. On the two nights stay, there seems to have important delegates staying in the same hotel and the road facing the hotel was blocked. Though it is inconvenient but the staffs in the hotel make sure that every guest will not be inconvenience.

Stayed: July 2016

Dear MaryGoh,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words following your recent stay with us at InterContinental Sydney.

Thank you for your kind words about our property and what we have to offer. I am delighted to hear we have met your expectations despite the slight shortcoming during your breakfast experience. I could not agree with you more that we are indeed in such a great location to explore what our city has to offer, and pleased to know that our team were able to be at your side to ensure you were not too inconvenienced with the road closure by the hotel.

MaryGoh, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope we can welcome you back again soon.

JoerG Boeckeler

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Excellent location, amazing views from the room. Room is very spacious and nice. Bathroom is a bit dated but apart from that everything was excellent in the hotel. In the morning they have got coffee and muffins in the foyer for you to grab while running out for your meeting. Famous Meat & wine co in the hotel premises means you can enjoy a wonderful meal

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business

Dear Ankur A,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay experience at InterContinental Sydney.

It is always pleasing to read of when our guests have had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for highlighting that you took comfort whilst in our care and also enjoyed our grab and go option for our early morning guests who are on their way out!

We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.