“Cambridge Hotel, a Suburb Accommodation in Sydney”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #39 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 13, 2016

After staying for three days in the central district of Sydney, I transferred hotel that is located in a suburb area. Cambridge Hotel it is. It served as my home for my few remaining days in the city. The hotel is well located in Surry Hills, a part of the city mix with residential and commercial area.

Cambridge Hotel offers large smart rooms and suites that feature great comfort and modern amenities. I stayed at Deluxe Balcony Room. The room was air-conditioned. It was spacious.

I was able to like my room in an instant. It has a king size bed that was too big for a slim Asian guy like me. The bed was so cozy. The room is equipped with cable TV, tea/coffee making facilities, over-sized mirrors, and en-suite bathrooms. The bathroom was good-sized and clean, provided with classy bathroom amenities.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank marxtermind
StevenGargano, Front Office Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2016

Hi marxtermind,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay, we are delighted that our location was well suited for and you enjoyed your room and our in room amenities, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Warm regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,442)

Reviewed March 13, 2016

Gentle crew in the hotel, specially Tracy and Alberto, who made big efforts to make our time better.
The hotel is placed close to everywhere, you can go on foot to the bay,. The accomadtion is confortable.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julioo251
StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2016

Hi julioo251,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found our staff friendly and helpful and in particular Tracey and Alberto they certainly are an asset to the hotel and thank you for recognizing, your kind words have been relayed to them.

It is also pleasing that our location was very well suited for you.

Thank you for leaving feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

I will start with the reservation process - which was seamless and quick.

On the day of check in, I made a point of not trying to check in early as it was Mardi Gras the night before and I knew the hotel was fully booked. Check in time was from 14:00 hours, and I arrived after 15:00 hours - but my room was not available until 16:00 hours. The desk clerk was apologetic; however I started paying for the room from 14:00 hours - and the hotel should have managed the housekeeping process better.

With regards to:

- The location, it was excellent.
- The WiFi, it was consistent but weak. At times it felt like I was working on a dial-up modem.
- The room, was dated and in need of redecoration.
- The bed was comfortable.
- The bedding and towels showed their age.
- The housekeeping, was completed late in the day (approximately 16:00 hours) and superficial.
- The reception staff members were friendly and helpful; however when I checked out I was not asked about my stay.

Overall - reality did not match what is on their website. And considering what I paid; not value for money.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2016

clean, tidy but dated rooms and foyer.... lifts are very small and claustrophobic. service was friendly. convenience of location was the selling point although room rates were extreme given the local event that weekend

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

Hi 14240CHhavidh,

Thankyou for leaving feedback, we are delighted to hear that foubnd our service friendly and our location was well suited.

It is disappointing to know you found our furnishings basic, we do have an ongoing commitment to refreshing and upgrading our décor and furnishings throughout the hotel.

When next you stay you make like to book one of our Deluxe City view rooms , they are very large with a balcony.

We look forward to seeing you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

An excellent place to stay while in Sydney. Central to all the major areas of Sydney and the Hotel itself is comfortable, clean and very friendly. I thoroughly recommend the Cambridge Hotel to anyone wanting a comfortable, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart W

Hi Stuart W,

We are pleased to read that you found our lo and you found the comfortable, clean and very friendly location to transport and attractions as well suited for you.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back.