“Great Staff and Huge variety”
Review of Opal Minded

Opal Minded
Ranked #1 of 184 Shopping in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Opal Minded is the only opal store in Sydney that mines its own opals. Established in 1989, it is conveniently located in The Rocks, just steps away from the Sydney Opera House. Uncompromising multilingual assistance. Australian opals unset and in pret-a-porter classical and contemporary designs. Duty free prices.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wandered in on my last day in Sydney. I was looking for something for my mother - Opal is her birthstone. Not knowing anything about opals I began asking "stupid questions". Ember (employee on duty) took the time to educate me and explain the different types, color and quality. When we began talking about price, she was gracious when the first few gems were way out of my price range. I really appreciate that she took the time to show me many different options and we finally settled on a pendant necklace. Thanks Ember for making my small purchase just as big a priority as any other.

3  Thank mginsc
opalminded, Sales Executive at Opal Minded, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello again,

I am delighted to hear you were so pleased with your experience in our boutique. It is always a pleasure to share my knowledge of opals and explain the features that make them so beautiful and unique. In the process of buying an opal, the price tag is not as important as is finding a piece that will be truly special for your for years to come, so I am thrilled I was able to help you with that!

My very best wishes and thanks,

Ember Sweeney

"great education"
"ear rings"
"jewelry pieces"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this store"
"great sales"
"beautiful store"
"visited australia"
"valeria"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This store came highly recommended. We were assisted by Kayleigh who not only found us a nice pair of earrings, but also was very informative in regards to types of stone, care and cleaning, and overall appearance such that an easy decision was made.

1  Thank James M L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Appreciate the one on one attention by staff showing us a wide variety of opal jewelry and then narrowing to our choice by budget, type, and color of stone. Thank you. Purchased items securely packaged for duty free inspection.

2  Thank starlexlibra
opalminded, Sales Executive at Opal Minded, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr and Mrs Cooksy,

It was a pleasure to meet you in store and help find the perfect gifts! I’m glad I could take the tax off your purchase for you so you didn’t have to line up at the airport and could relax before your flight. I hope your trip home was comfortable and look forward to seeing you both again next time you’re in Sydney.

Ember

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Kayleigh was not only delightful but a very knowledgeable gemologist. She was professional and courteous in helping my wife
Select an opal ring. The pieces are designed by the owner whose mines the stones come from.

3  Thank Ralph S

Dear Ralph

Thank you for your kind words. It was my absolute pleasure to help your wife find the perfect opal ring; they were meant to be together! I would also like to wish you a happy birthday and hope your time in Australia is truly special.

Kindest regards,