All reviews surf camp mojo surf learn how surfing lessons the east coast amazing surf ocean rafting extra activities beginner surfers board hire great community shared room back packers train station thanks guys home away from home instructor
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Spot X had it's pros and cons.
The surf instructors was really, really good! The only problem was that the groups were to big for them, so you didn't get a lot of feedback while surfing. For three lessons three different days I only got feedback three times. So only being helped one time a day.
We went to the surf camp to surf and were disappointed that there was only one lesson a day. You pay quite a lot and I would have loved to have more surf lessons. However you could pay for an extra lesson a day or rent a board. In my opinion board hire should've been free when you're at a surf camp.
The locations was far away from everything but there was free shuttle to the "city". The surroundings was incredible! Nice beach, quiet area, volleyball court and nice waves.
We stayed in a Tipi and loved it. The beds were comfy. The only thing we missed was some kind of locker or security space.
For toilets and showers... where to start..
Only four showers in the whole area, and the queues went on for ever. Some of the toilets didn't flush properly, and there should've been more toilets as well.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2018

i stayed here for three months with the academy program, lived in a bus and loved every second of my stay! would definitely recommend to stay here for long, at least one month. you will have the time of your life. accom may not be for the picky ones but if you feel that way maybe you should turn someplace other than a surf camp. surf instructors are amazing at what they do and all staff are awesome. first time surfing and now i'm a pro ;) just go!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here with a Contiki group, had a brilliant time. We were here for 1 night, the rooms were okay but that’s to be expected of a surf camp.

The surf lesson was great, everyone in our group had a great time. After the surf lesson all of the group (48 approx) went to the shop, a lot of us bought merchandise and photos from the surf lesson.

The disappointing bit started here, I was traveling with my Partner and we both went to buy merchandise and photos, now, we were told that the photos, when purchased are sent on an email, with everyone’s attached and you download your ones, so my partner and I, on a travelers budget, thought we would buy the photos and have our photos (after all, the deal was for download of 80 photos over 3 days, we only had 1 surf lesson with approx 5 photos each) it’s not as if all 48 of us were chipping in, it would’ve merely been my partner and I, however, when we went to do that, we were told that it was done on facial recognition and we had to buy 2 lots of photos, this did seem strange and we questioned it but we got on with it and paid twice for photos.

We continued to have a great time for the rest of the night, enjoying a basic meal included with games and a camp fire. All on a really big high, I left the place really happy with the experience. This has since changed, after people in our group receiving the photos (only after emailing because they’re a month late after being told 2 weeks Max.) my partner decided to email and question our photos, leaving out the fact we were completely lied too. 3 days passed, people in our group, slowly receiving the photos, still no email. I then decide to email, mentioning the fact we still have not received the photos, and the fact we were lied too, this was sent at 11am this morning, since that email, others in our group have received the photos so I know that someone has had access to the emails at some point today.

If the lady behind us would have told us that we couldn’t buy the photos separately because they have a policy that everyone has to buy photos, or whatever, we wouldn’t have been angry, like we wasn’t when she said we had to buy them. It’s the fact that a very good day and night was ruined by lies and complete disregard for customer service.

We still have not received my photos.

Stayed: March 2018
kirsty s, Manager at Spot X, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hi,
Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay at Spot X, we value all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve our product. It’s great to hear your positive feedback on our food, surf lessons and your overall experience at Spot X Surf camp. It is wonderful when we hear people leave feeling they had a really great experience.
With regards to your photos, all contiki groups that come to Spot X are offered a massively discounted rate for their photos – usually they would be $39 but as you are travelling with Contiki we reduce the price to only $20. This as you mentioned would give you the opportunity to download up to 80 photos of yourself and your group. I am sorry that you were given the wrong information regarding how the photo system worked – I will personally look into that and ensure that all staff are trained efficiently so not to pass on any misleading information.
The photo team here at Spot X do answer all emails that are sent regarding photo codes not being sent to customers as sometimes there are technical glitches that affect the speed of codes being delivered to customers - so I apologise that your first email was not answered. Usually upon receiving an email like that they would log into our photostore and re-send a new code for you to access your photos. This code does often go to junk mail, so maybe just check there too.
Alternatively, you could call the reception team who also have access to the photostore and would be more than happy to help and send you a photo code to your requested email address.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like any further information on kirsty@spotxsurf.com

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed 3days at the surfcamp and it was really fun! Matty was a great instructor who really helped everyone (and me) to feel like a surfer. His warm up before the surf lessons was funny! The food and the relaxing in the evenings was nice too. I recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank sarajjonsson
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at spot x for 2 nights on a surf and stay. We were in a 6 bed mixed dorm. The dorm rooms are very VERY small however they are clean and air conditioned. Food is provided when staying here, breakfast is your standard cereal and/or toast, lunch was wraps and dinner varies. They are accommodating for vegetarians and vegans and alternatives are provided. We had 2, 2/3 hour surf lessons whilst here and within about 10 minutes of being in the water I was able to stand up on the board, within half an hour or so I was riding the waves back to the beach. The instructors are very nice and helpful and will guarantee that you will at least stand on your board. There is entertainment on an evening in the form of games nights, pub quizzes etc. They also do a bottle run every evening where a bus will come and pick you up and take you to the bottle shop and back. We had lots of fun at surf camp and would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn to surf

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends