“Romantic, extravagant and worth the money”

Pialligo Estate Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 1,505 Restaurants in Canberra
Price range: US$17 - US$66
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A sensational new food, wine, and lifestyle destination, tucked in a rural setting, minutes from Canberra's airport and 8 minutes from Canberra's CBD. Pialligo Estate, set on 55 acres with river frontage to the Molonglo, was originally Canberra's market garden dating back to the 1820's.
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

I visited Pialligo farmhouse restaurant with my boyfriend on a miserable rainy night and were welcomed at the door by the lovely staff and the warmth of the open fires. Being from the country, the setting made me feel nostalgic and very comfortable. The staff took our coats and seated us. There was a slightly pretentious feel about the place as the staff lingered a little but I wasn't overly concerned. I was tempted to give this place 5 stars but our waitress didn't know what a Negroni was and we had to point it out to her in the drinks menu. Apart from that, our evening was superb. We received a bottomless basket of bread and ordered oysters as well as a three course meal, which also came with an amuse-bouche and petit fours after dessert. I particularly love that Pialligo source locally where possible and make many things on site, such as the smoked salmon in the amuse-bouche. I can't remember exactly what we ordered because we had quite a lot of wine and I am writing this review months later. I did have lovely scallops for my entree and the duck (which was perfection) for my main, served with the most delicious sesame praline. The service staff were lovely and even provided us with a bit of banter which toned down the formal atmosphere to a more comfortable level. We left after what felt like several hours feeling very full and very happy. I gladly recommend Pialligo to my family and friends and will definitely return there myself in the future.

1  Thank Laura P
pialligoestate1, Communications Coordinator at Pialligo Estate Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Hi Laura
Thanks for the lovely review! I've passed on your note about the Negroni so you'll be able to give us that extra star next time you come to visit!

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2016

It felt more like 8 courses than the advertised 6 - the food was top quality, well presented and plentiful. Highly recommended for couples or a corporate event.

pialligoestate1, Communications Coordinator at Pialligo Estate Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Hi Betty
Thanks for the review. They do love to through in some extra goodies, don't they? Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came for lunch and it was superb. The setting is lovely, near the airport but with a wonderful semi rural outlook back towards Kingston. I started with a glass of bubbles and we then shared a glass of a great Chardonnay followed by some Pinot noir. All very good. The food we had was just so good. The menu is seasonal and I can't wait to dine here again. I really enjoyed this meal. It totally deserves its one hat rating.

1  Thank SuzeeQ60

Hi SuzeeQ60
It's a spectacular place for lunch, isn't it? Our Farmhouse staff work very hard on their wine list so they really appreciate your lovely comments.

Look forward to seeing you for our Summer menu!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We celebrated our15th wedding anniversary, and it was a wonderful experience. The building is stunning, as were the beautiful views - you would never guess you are only 10 mins from the city centre and a stones throw from the airport! A wonderful 6 courses of food - every dish was superb, although the standout was the Partridge given to us instead of the beef (as I dont eat beef and they looked after us beautifully). The wines matched the food perfectly and the attentive staff made the evening very special.

Thanks for the review Nony, it is very hard to believe we're so close to the city when it feels like you're a world away!

Happy anniversary, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Our first visit last Friday night was an opportunity to experience the delicious food provided by one of Canberra's newer restaurants. Friday is their chef's choice degustation. We were welcomed and treated to the best of food from the local area and surrounds complimented perfectly by matching wines. The staff were quiet, efficient and very professional. The outlook was spectacular as the sun set. We left feeling very spoiled and full of delicious beautifully presented food. It shouldn't be long before this becomes Canberra's second restaurant with 2 chefs hats. A perfect memorable romantic dinner together!

Hi Tony
What a beautiful review. We're so glad you and your partner enjoyed your dinner with us. It's very special to be able to watch a Pialligo sunset, there is nothing quite like them!

Hope to see you both again soon.

Ellie & the Pialligo Estate team

PS. fingers crossed on another hat!