“A romantic, delicious experience”
Review of Rubicon

Rubicon
Ranked #18 of 1,593 Restaurants in Canberra
Price range: US$40 - US$61
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Myself and my boyfriend recently celebrated an anniversary at Rubicon. After going I am not surprised at its high rating on Trip Advisor. It is a lovely, cosy restaurant with beautiful ambience. It is quiet and inviting, the tables are not so close together than you feel like you are sitting in on someone else's dinner. The wait staff are very courteous and friendly, great service. We had the prawns and crab as an entree which was delicious and a good sized portion. For mains I had the snapper as suggested by the waiter - which was amazing! Definitely the best meal I have had in a long time. My boyfriend had the beef fillet which he also equally enjoyed. The wine was also very nice, with a good selection. Definitely worth the money, we will be back again!

Reviewed 26 July 2015

We have enjoyed two meals at Rubicon whilst visiting Canberra and it has become a firm favourite. Amazing food - everything we've tried has been excellent - and an incredible wine list (lacking only in digestifs). The service is friendly, competent and timely without being intrusive. And there is carpet on the floor and a nice amount of space between the tables so it's not cramped or noisy.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Went to the Rubicon for my wife's birthday. I have been going to this restuarant for many years and it is consistently very good.
The menu is strong and has a wine list to match.
The service is good and the sommelier selected an excellent wine to accompany the dinner.
This is in the top echelon of restuarants in Canberra, without doubt.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

We came here with 8 people for a birthday dinner and all had the 7 course degustation menu with matched wines.

I've been disappointed before with degustation menus but this one came with high recommendations. And let me tell you, Rubicon lived up to its reputation. We were served very efficiently so we all got our dishes within a minute of each other (3 waiters) and the presentation, techniques and ingredients were all outstanding. We asked the chef to select the dishes and were very pleased with his choice.

Nice touch was to let us choose our own desserts which were served as a full serve with matched wines according to the choice.

Perhaps the only suggestion I could make was that in today's day and age they could have printed a custom menu with what we ate because we booked it well in advance. That was a nice touch in Hobart once...

Anyways, deserved my Michelin star!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

So I googled top 20 restaurants in Canberra and Rubicon came up, I wasn't disappointed. The service was impeccable and menu was delicious, I had the scallops for starters and the duck for main, the ambiance was romantic and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone after a special dinner.

Date of visit: June 2015