“Farewell dinner for my wifey! AMAZING!”
Review of Les Bistronomes

Les Bistronomes
Ranked #11 of 1,531 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Restaurant Using Fresh And Seasonal Ingredients. Les Bistronomes Offers The Old Classic Such As Duck A L'orange, Bouillabaisse, Beef Chateaubriand... Located In The Bustling Braddon Suburb Of Canberra You Will Find A Casual Fine Dining French Ambiance.
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is something else. I had prearranged the 5 course degustation as a surprise for my wifey - and it did not disappoint. The food was AMAZING! And the servings were quite big for degustation. Wine is list is fantastic too. This place is a must for a romantic dinner and just a pretend trip to France! :)

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I've been here before a few times, and reviewed Les Biz favourably. This time not so good. We were keen to take some Melbourne bon viveurs here, because they think they have the edge on fine dining and we wanted to show them that Canberra is coming of age. Unfortunately we had to go on a Saturday night -- the place was packed; I would make sure never to come on a Saturday night in future. The food was excellent, as always, but I did take issue with the papillote; instead of baking paper it came out in a small plastic bag (not really a good look) tied with untieable string. Anyone who had athritis would have struggled with it -- I don't, but I still struggled with it, and saw another person having the same trouble. The service was appalling; dirty plates left far too long on the table, wine slow to arrive; and the worst bit, an arrogant waiter with whom I've locked horns before (he seriously needs a lesson in humility). Aside from all that (well, that's enough really), the toilets are grubby. We will return because I love the food, but I hope Les Biz heeds some of the criticism it has been getting from TA.

3  Thank CultureCommando
Reviewed 9 May 2016

We did not make a booking at this top restaurant, but were lucky enough to get a table near to the door. A good idea to book well ahead. The outside of the restaurant did not overly appeal, but inside it was a completely different story. The staff were friendly and efficient. We were served with sourdough bread with ash butter as a starter, followed by whole duck which had been cooked for 24 hours in dough and this was brought to the table with the burning ash still alight on top. The duck was presented to us, having had the dough removed, it was very succulent and came sitting on a bed of red cabbage and pinenuts and orange segments, the meal to share. It was fantastic.
The crème brulee as dessert was just as good also. We had a nice bottle of French Languedoc region Grenache to accompany this great meal. A good idea to pre-order the duck when booking beforehand.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Highly recommend the cote a l'os from Cape Grim which was deliciously prepared and presented. Exceptionally nice Bearnaise sauce which was very light and fluffy. The dessert was a delight .

Reviewed 6 May 2016

I went to have dinner twice with my fellow students in this restaurant. In Braddon not that far from Canberra centre. And I like the inner environment there. I couldn't remember the exact name of the food I ordered. In The first time we ordered ratatouille and salmon and one dessert. Since that ratatouille became my favorite food especially the bread outside of the vegetables. But The second time I thought they changed the menu in different menu so we ordered chicken and lamb which were really tasty with large portions. the chicken was a little bit oily though I still love it.