“Lovely spot”

Little Brother @ Red Hill
Ranked #115 of 1,505 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Pizza, Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Little Brother is the kid sibling on the ground floor at Red Hill Lookout under its big sister, Onred. A much younger, fresher and more light hearted approach to dining; Little Brother has the same beliefs of great quality and experience as Onred but delivered in a much more casual environment and style. Have a coffee and a bite to eat with the best views of Canberra.
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

It's like a little prize for walking up Red hill. Had a brunch up there. The place was airy and really nice. The food was alright. I had beef salad with vermicelli and felt a little disappointed. The vermicelli wasn't the main ingredient and it wasn't made properly, too hard to eat. The milk shake though was well made.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This place has some breath taking views in canberra .Staff is charming with smile on there face all the time.breakfast was served with perfectly cooked eggs.
Would love to come back again and try again.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

First visit since this cafe was rebadged some time ago, apparently. The view is as fabulous as ever. Service was friendly and efficient. The menu is somewhat limited and focussed on brunch to lunch, but most should be able to find an appealing dish. We both tried the Thai Beef Salad, which went down very well, accompanied by a glass of a fair range of wines. The cost was very reasonable. We will certainly return from time to time.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

One of the best things about having a brunch list and working your way through it is trying new places. Little Brother at the Red Hill lookout isn’t something that would have popped up onto my radar otherwise, and I would have been missing out. It was a bit hazy when we first arrived, but it soon cleared and we enjoyed our brunch outside looking out over Canberra.

My eggs were delicious (a tiiiiiinyyyy bit wet), the sausage was flavourful, and the hollandaise delicious. My coffee was excellent, but I should have asked for it hotter because I drank it too quickly! The bacon didn’t wow me, and the tomato jam was okay but it was on my plate getting in my way.

I turfed the mushrooms onto brunch wife’s plate, and she seemed impressed by them. Her frittata was pretty tasty, and normally I don’t really like that sort of thing. Overall she seemed happy with her meal, but did comment that balsamic and hollandaise together was a bit of an odd combination.

Overall it was quite yummy and rather quiet so I’d definitely recommend it for a fun brunch on a nice day.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Booked this restaurant for lunch with friends via their website. I hadn't received any confirmation so phoned and the manager confirmed they hadn't received my reservation so I booked again whilst on the phone.

It was a beautiful sunny day for lunch at the top of the Res Hill lookout and far from the crowds doing their last minute Christmas shopping.

Conversely, the restaurant was not bustling either for the same reasons I suspect but still had reasonable patronage.

As you would expect, the magnificent views was a good conversation starter

Two of us ordered the lightly battered fish and chips and the Calamari dish was ordered by the third member of our party. We also ordered the Pana Cotta for dessert whilst the other dessert dish was the Sticky Date pudding.

The dishes came out reasonably quickly, I was impressed with my battered fish and thick beer battered chips whilst my friend was equally impressed with her Calamari dish. All dishes were of a generous serving. My paan cotta dish was of a fairly generous size and decorated brightly with a Christmas theme whereas my friend's Sticky Date pudding was not as visually exciting but equally as delicious.

We all enjoyed the lunch and look forward to coming back to sample some of the other dishes on the menu