2,068 results
All reviews great location spa bath bedroom apartment main bedroom central location close to shops good size walking distance would stay here again washing machine lounge room car parking northbourne avenue war memorial accommodation laundry cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2021

Very expensive for what we booked which was a 2 bedroom apartment for 4 adults. The second room we could not open fully as the door hit the bed. Hardly big enough for 1 single bed let alone 2 beds! Could not sleep due to continuous, relentless shouting and street noise below. The building is situated above a 24hr McDonalds. Staff unsympathetic and unhelpful. Asked for a refund for the second night so we could find somewhere else and we were refused. Will never stay here again

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 April 2021

We booked a 3 night stay in a one Bedroom ,Spa apartment for our Wedding Anniversary . At the Time of Booking we did not know of the $15 per night extra charge for Parking . we found out later . We arrived after 2 pm and there was a queue at check as there was only one staff member at Check in . Around 15 minutes later we were finally Checked in and proceeded to the underground Car Park . We then went via the Lift to the 5th Floor and found our Apartment . This was overlooking a 24 Hour Mac Donald's and a Busy Main Road , being on the 5th floor , the Road Noise was not an issue .
The Apartment was reasonably spacious but very dated . The Wardrobes were quite limited and only 2 Coat hangers were supplied . The Kitchen was reasonably equipped and we Cooked Breakfast each Day . The Dish Washer was very old and the controls were worn , so it took a long while to work out how to use it . There were 2 TV's , the one in the Bedroom was very difficult to use , and had limited Channels , we were unable to get the ABC . The Lounge Room TV was a Good Size and was Good . The Balcony was a good size , with a Table & 2 Chairs . The Balcony Light did not work which was reported , twice but not rectified as it was the Canberra Day Long Weekend . Overall we were happy with the apartment , although we could hear noise from other guests at times . We enquired about booking a Pool View apartment for 2 nights just after Christmas but we were told that it was not possible to book a Pool view room as they don't take bookings for specific rooms . I found this quite strange . Also we were sent an email 2 days before arriving asking us if we would like to upgrade to a Pool View Room for an extra $10 per night which agreed too , but although they said they would let us know 24 hours before arrival , we did not receive a reply , when we checked In , I asked about this and was told all the Pool View Rooms were Booked out , I questioned why did they bother to email me regarding an upgrade if they were booked out , but did not receive an explanation . Would NOT stay here again .

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

Great location, but very tired looking apartments. We stayed on level 2, our room faced a 4 way intersection. No double glazing, so we got to enjoy the sounds of the local hoons and drunks making their way up and the street to the early hours of the morning, not much sleep had. Recommend asking for rooms that don't face main road, or potentially higher level.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

I stayed here with my family. The hotel is very run down. Inside the rooms are very dated, cracked walls, the window seals need to be replaced. There was constant cold air coming from the windows. This allowed cigarette smoke to come into the main bedroom where my baby was sleeping. My kids couldn’t handle the smell of smoke. Central location but very loud at night. The pillows were ridiculous, they were either way too high or way too low. There was no cutlery, even though there was 2 plates, 2 bowls and 2 short glasses & 2 wine glasses. Even though the booking was for 4 people + 1 baby.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2021

This was booked by someone else, so I didn't read reviews before the stay. I'll surely be letting them know not to use this hotel again.

The issues started before we even got inside. At the parking garage, you need to use a key fob or press the button to speak with reception. Obviously we had no key fob yet, so pressed the button - however, the speaker was extremely quiet and when coupled with the noise coming through surrounding pipes neither I nor reception could hear each other. Thankfully they buzzed us in anyway. Car parking is tight and there's no logic to where hotel guests and residents parking is labelled so it's hard to find a car park.

We checked in and headed up to our 8th floor apartment. It was underwhelming to say the least - cracked tiles in the bathrooms and kitchen, a very slap-dash paint job that was peeling and cracking everywhere, grotty marks on every surface including the ceiling, even a food or drink splash on the wall near the dining table. The laundry cupboard located in the second bathroom had lint and dust all over the trough. The kitchen cabinets are cheap and worn along the edges, the dishwasher and oven doors had dirt/grease in every crack, and we couldn't find any cutlery - on asking reception we were advised to check the dishwasher, the cleaners aren't unpacking the dishwashers so as to avoid handling clean dishes because of Covid, which is laughable considering the state of the rest of the apartment. Possibly a good thing though, seeing as the drawers were dirty and full of crumbs. The balcony looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long while, and the table was covered in paint splatters. The second room is so small you can't fully open the door past the bed, and there was a weird hole with a screw in it in the wall. The lounge furniture is incredibly uncomfortable and awkward, and there's no chair specific to the desk, forcing you to use a dining chair which is far too low for the desk. The air conditioner whined so loudly I was worried it would take off.

Despite all this, it was only a one night booking so we sucked it up, figuring we only have to sleep here. Except - don't stay here if you want to actually sleep. The walls are paper thin and the windows don't seal well, and it seemed every water pipe in the building was routed through our wall as they hummed and gurgled on and off all night. Admittedly it was a Saturday night, so the night life was abundant but you don't expect to be able to hear a conversation word for word from 8 storeys up. It was almost as if the shape of the building outside my window worked like an amplifier - I swear, it would have been quieter to pop a swag in the middle of Northbourne Avenue. And don't rely on having a shower to wake you up - as other have said in their reviews, the shower head is fixed and points into the corner of the shower, the only way to shower in it is to have the tap only half on, so you're showering in dribbles - on full flow you can't even get in without spraying the rest of the room. To top it off, the condition of it wasn't any better than the rest of the apartment - the hot/cold label was missing, the soap holder is chipped and worn, and I had the delightful experience of finding someone else's leftover shard of soap with my foot.

While I realise the hotel can't control noise outside, I've stayed in many apartments on busy roads and above busy evening strips and not heard a peep - the issue is obviously the build quality. And I've stayed in budget fleabag motels that were cleaner and better appointed than this apartment. I'd like to believe this apartment was an anomaly but the reviews say otherwise. I do have pictures, but unfortunately there's an error when I try to upload them.

In summary, if you're a party animal with money to burn who just wants a base for the night, go ahead and book here. But if you're the kind of person who values their health and would prefer to drive home on more than 3 hours sleep, find somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2021