All reviews tradies club free membership woolworths supermarket queen size restaurants within walking distance free parking bar fridge great place to stay quiet at night cleaning staff single bed room was spacious minute drive would stay again quiet location stayed for nights good size
Reviewed 15 October 2018

This place is smack bang near some awesome Asian Restaurants!

Right next door to the club is handy too.

Woolworths is just a stroll away, so are KFC and McDonalds.

The Asian Grocery stores and restaurants are super handy too.

The Room was great, but if you want a spa bath, request its, its not much more to pay and I think it would be a good idea (we missed out :( )

Very Clean rooms, modern too , just one thing, I couldn't open the damn door!

My daughter could open the door, but for some reason I couldn't, God help me if I were staying there on my own, I'd be locked out like a loser!

No matter what I did, I simply couldn't open the front door, YET, my daughter looks at me like I'm crazy and opens it, just like any other door!

Apart from my lack of door skills, its a great place if you're vising Canberra, not very far from the city centre and remember, there's BBQ duck, just around the corner!

Room tip: Ask for a Spa room, little extra cash, but worth it
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Ali S, Manager at Quality Hotel Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear UrbanEx,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us.

We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Next time you visit please let us know and we are happy to offer you the standard rate for a king room so that you can have that experience also.

Your daughter is obviously very talented ! I apologise for the door as I can only assume there was an error with it.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

With a 5 & 2 year old we were drawn by the convienience of the club being attached to the hotel. The Club food is good, we ate there for breakfast and dinner. After dinner there’s a mini dance floor the kids loved. Room is clean and spacious. 2 queen beds, kids had one, lots of floor space for playing. Bar fridge, microwave, sink, ample bench space, tv. Kids are always pleased to find the packets of biscuits atop the teacups, they raided Nanny & Poppy’s next door too. We could access next door via the back patio which was handy.
Reception staff are friendly, as well as cleaning staff we bumped into. This was our 3rd stay. We came for Floriade, other times was for Corin Forest and lake burley griffin cycling and first time was on the way back from Victoria. Great hotel for families or anyone - recommended!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Rebecca S,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your stays with us.

We value all guests feedback.

It is lovely to read such wonderful feedback and we are pleased that the children sound as happy as the parents !

Thank you for recommending us to all those reading !

I look forward to meeting you in person and thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is well located, the staff are friendly, and our room was clean, comfortable, spacious and well-presented. Nice and quiet too. The tiles in the bathroom look a bit tired but that is a minor complaint. Good value for money.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Hoakley12

Dear Hoakley12,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are located in an amazing location, close to shops and cafes, and offer so many in house facilities too.

It is very pleasant to read that our staff made an impression on you, our rooms are larger than the average hotel room, which ensures our guests continue returning. Our housekeeping staff do amazing job and we are very proud of them.

Your feed back will be passed along.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

The hotel looks lovely and clean and everything was fine until we returned from out night out to go to bed. It was quite late. There was a humming / Buzzing sound ALL night and it was extremely annoying. Our toilet also ran and made a loud noise until I turned the water off. When I informed the person at the front desk about the buzzing sound, he asked was it like a humming. Clearly he already knew about it. He made a note about the toilet, did not offer an apology and told me my money would be released from my card in about 5 business days. I have never felt more dismissed. I would not stay here again and I have been a member of the Tradies for 20 years.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear honeychille99,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us.

We greatly appreciate all feedback provided by our guests.

We were not aware of any issues with the rooms, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

If you would like to speak to me personally I would be grateful.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Lovely room, clean and quite. Quiet at night. Handy to a great array of eateries and shops. Close to the city and also the show ground and exhibition centre. Facilities of the Tradies Club also very helpful, great coffee shop

Date of stay: August 2018
alisonsimms, Manager at Quality Hotel Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Fiona G

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is highly valued.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with rooms that are clean and provide all the things you need for a break.

We are lucky to be in a great location, which makes us so POPULAR.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Ali