“Hearty pub grub with a friendly welcome”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Mundford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely old classic English pub in a quiet spot, big grassy beer garden, extensive family-friendly menu, huge cheese ploughman’s, friendly cat.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (107)

Reviewed 25 July 2021

Lovely staff. Made very welcome, nice little cosy pub, with garden. nice breakfast. Thanks the crown.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

I arrived the Sunday pm with my colleagues. The ladies at the pub were lovely and we were taken a short drive to Clare House where we were staying. We were met by a rude and accommodating man (the owner) he just didn't seem interested in any of our questions. Clare House has the potential to be lovely and it is not. If the owner spent some money and modernised it a little I'd come here again. If I had booked this myself I would have walked away immediately. The grounds are tatty and have people living caravans next too a rubbish tip.

The beds are old and uncomfortable the mattresses are easily years old and worn. All of the furniture is tired and tatty.

That said the food at the pub is OK and the ladies are lovely a shame really. Spend some money on your accommodation!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020

I stayed at the Crown hotel for 10 days. The service couldn't have been better. Very accommodating and extremely good staff. Everyone is always smiling. The food is also at a very high standard. I would highly recommend it.

Thanks again for all your service.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 4 September 2020

We had a right issue with our booking not showing and arriving for all the rooms to be full. Despite this, we managed to secure an evening meal and morning breakfast.

Pretty bog standard food and doubtful I'd make the effort to return. Quite a few flies in the restaurant when we were there.

Date of visit: August 2020