“Quick and honest tasty food.”
Review of Miso - Beckenham

Miso - Beckenham
Ranked #59 of 119 Restaurants in Beckenham
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Great for a quick and tasty meal, Bright and clean surround and all at very reasonable prices.
I love there duck spring rolls and there Katsui curry.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Such a great restaurant, laid back atmosphere, good value for money, great tasty selection of food, quick service. Has been a personal favourite for years

1  Thank natalie1801
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I reviewed this place nearly 5 years ago and unfortunately recent experiences have shown a downhill trend but I accept this is purely my subjective opinion.

We did 2 takeaways from this place in July this year for reasons of convenience, etc- and on both those occasions the food was of a lower standard than in the past. The katsu curry and the satay chicken noodles were quite mediocre on both occasions and the vegetarian dishes were not far off that mark. It is possible that the owner is busy expanding his empire and has taken his eye off individual restaurants or may be it is something else.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Very clean surroundings, a very varied menu, quickly cooked and nicely presented, tasty and hot. The soft drinks are a bit overpriced, but the food is reasonably priced. Have eaten here a few times but never reviewed before, thought it deserved it this time.

1  Thank junerharrison
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I came in here on Saturday for a quick lunch with my parents. I haven't been to Miso for a while as I felt previously the prices had gone up but the quality hadn't. However, I am please to say it does seem to have improved.

We ordered a main each, I had mandarin fillet steak which is lovely succulent strips of beef in a sweetish sauce, accompanied by boiled rice. My parents both had Singapore noddles, but my dad asked for extra spicy and they were happy to oblige. We also had a couple of sides of salt and pepper ribs and smoked chilli chicken.

With the three mains (decent sized portions), two sides, a bottle of wine and a beer, the bill was only £50, which seemed really reasonable for a quick and filling lunch.
We had good service throughout the meal, and although there was no service charge added to the bill, we felt they deserved a tip.

Miso is now back on my list for places to eat out locally.

1  Thank behappie