“Snorkeling Trip Not For Sissies”

Nusa Penida Explorer
Book In Advance
More Info
US$77.00*
and up
Enjoy One Day Tour In Penida-Visit-Angel's...
Ranked #6 of 103 Tours in Nusa Penida
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We know just the right spots to take you to. We specialise in private tours offering snorkelling, diving trips and also private, guided island sightseeing day tours around the island. We use our own boat for water tours and island tours are either conducted via scooter or air-conditioned vehicle as preferred. We can tailor make tours on request. We specialise in catering for small groups and private tours. With 16 years experience we aim to please all our guests. We are conveniently located in Toyapakeh and have a tourist information office right on the beach road. We can take the stress out of organising your visit by offering boat transfers to and from the island. We also offer a pick up service from your hotel in Bali or on Nusa Penida. Our guides speak good english and will take good care of you ensuring that you have a magical, unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 September 2018

All of the snorkeling boats seemed to go out on this itinerary: Manta Point, Crystal Bay, Gamet Bay, and Toya Pakeh Point. Because the water is fresh, cold, ocean current-cleansed, it is quite cold for the equator and no one stays in the water long. But the clarity of this water can be remarkable, as it was for us.

Manta Point is less protected and there is a lot of motion in the water. I was flabbergasted on the way out there from TP because the ocean swells were over 6' and the guide (Eamon) said, 'we will have to see if Manta Point is ok today. We maybe have to just go to Crystal Bay.' But we got over there and already half a dozen boats with their captains enthusiastically spotting mantas in the water, so it was, "everyone in the water!" We saw so many massive mantas there, I simply lost count. Visibility was not great (no surprise, with the chop) and someone even got seasick but it was one of the most beautiful snorkels of my life. guide was concerned for the mantas and stopped anyone from getting close and freaking them out. We all stayed in the water a good 20, 25 mins despite the cold temps.

Then it was on to Crystal Bay where visibility was as good as it gets, anywhere in the world. Great schools of fish, a big turtle, blue coral, etc. But no one stayed in the water more than 20 mins here. Ridiculously scenic with craggy limestone island breaking up the bay, but choppy as hell with weird currents. Guide made sure we didn't go into the boat lanes.

Gamet bay simply had different coral and schools of fish, but it was more of the same amazing visibility. Maybe half the boat even bothered to brave more of the cold water and weird currents, but for those of us who went in, it was worth it.

Scenic ride back to TP with view of amazing blow hole, and sunshine building up. At TP, guide suggested we might see large pelagic fish. Maybe 4 of us bothered to snorkel here. It had a crazy current, like the fastest drift snorkel of my life, but after fighting it for four minutes, I finally just hung onto the boat's ladder and watched. 2 or 3 giant tuna, as promised, were there fighting the current right along with us. Cold water and incredible visibility. I know that at other times the strait can be like glass, but that week we had some big swells and tides.

I loved it!! Guide rushed no one, was helpful and safety minded. There were small bottles of drinking water for us on board. Boat had a proper sun canopy on top, so you didn't sit in the sun unless you wanted to. I'd go with these guys again, any day.

Date of experience: September 2018
in 10 reviews
"went smoothly"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I had a good time. It was an overall good experience. But first let me start off by saying that I allowed Rod to talk me out of a motorbike tour. I think he thought that because I was a solo female, i'd be too shaken up. But that's on me for letting him talking me out of it. My tour guides were Zakky and Yepar (not sure on spelling). They are both young and immature. They didn't really communicate the plan to me. They spent way too much time taking photos of each other than actually being tour guides (i'm also not sure why I needed 2 guides, but it's cool. whatevs).

However, I have to give Zakky one major shout out. I made the mistake of wearing flip flops to broken beach. The hike is a challenge! my flip flop broke when I was only about a 3rd of the way down the steep incline. I said I could take it barefoot, but Zakky gave me his flip flops!. That was sweet.

Zakky also drives like a maniac. But I think he would have slowed down if I had asked him too. In fact, he kept asking me if it was okay. Lucky for him, I'm a bit if a thrill seeker, so I was fine with it. I also have to give him props because i think he started driving like a maniac to make sure I got to see everything I wanted to see on the island that day. But that's where communication could have come in handy. If they had just make it clear how far each spot was from the other and how much time to alot for each spot, we wouldn't have had to speed!!!

But dang, Zakky. It's tacky to ask a customer at the end to give you five stars. Come on, dude. But that's where the immaturity shows the most

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Thank you Nusa Penida Explorer for the excellent service (Day Tour on a motorbike). Thank you Rod (owner) for responding very promptly to my queries via WhatsApp. Appreciate that a lot. Shout out to my best buddy, driver, & photographer for the day, ABBY! He speaks good English and I got discounts from entrance fees because of him, good thing I look like a local of Bali. Before I left the beautiful island of NP, we had a selfie as a symbol of our awesome bond! I found a new friend in NP! Thanks again ABBY! Great service at a very reasonable price, 500K IDR. Looking forward to visit Nusa Penida again next year.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I booked a day trip around Nusa Penida by scooter. The driver didn't speak the best English but he sure was super helpful and an excellent driver (you want that for the very broken roads around the island). He took me to the best spots around, and I couldn't just but submit to the marvelous beauty of this place. Recommended!

Date of experience: July 2018