“Family outing”

Cousin Vinny's Restaurant & Bar
Get food delivered
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Reviewed 24 November 2019

Food was quite good, but the waitress was fantastic and then the hydro went out!
Conveniently off the Hwy in Rayside Balfour Mall!

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely dinner with friends. Huge menu choices. Everyone very satisfied with price and portion. Go to place in Chemmy.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 11 September 2019

I won't lie I miss Two Thumbs Up back in it's hayday, although when we heard that this location was being turned into a Cousin Vinny's we were super excited. We had been to the one in Val Caron plenty of times (the one Superbowl party there was awesome!) and were glad Chelmsford was about to get a decent restaurant.

Imagine my disappointment when not one but three visits have been a disaster.

The first time we tried it after it opened I got veal instead of chicken parm (not a big deal to me as I don't mind veal, but what if someone was allergic to beef like my grandmother was) so they offered to make it again. I told them it was fine so they insisted to compensate, which I really appreciate, but when I got my actual chicken one there was a long hair baked into the cheese.

The second time we tried it, as we are all about being fair and stuff happens, I decided to steer away from the chicken parm and try something different. I had just their regular burger and a combo platter. They were out of a couple things for the combo platter, again no big deal but it adds to the whole story. My meal was fine this time, but my friend who was with me got a hair in their food (also a burger), which again isn't THAT big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Fast forward to our May visit and final... We decided to order pick up and try one last time. First when you go online there is no kid's menu online, I ordered on the site and then had call them to place my son's order (I told the waitress to forward the feedback to their boss). She even confirmed with me what our order was, then about 10 minutes later I get a call back "oh we are out of Roasted Red Pepper Soup" which they sell on the actual menu, not just as a "Soup du jour" kind of deal. Then we get another call a couple minutes later, I figured it was the call for us to say it was ready for pick up. No, it was the poor waitress again calling to tell me they didn't have what my son ordered, which is also not a detriment but adds to the negative experience. What put the cherry on top of the proverbial sundae, was that even though it wasn't ready when I got there, it must have been waiting in the back. When I got home my Montreal Smoked meat sandwich was extra soggy, so much so that it was falling apart. Plus they forgot something but at that point I was just so disappointed that I didn't even bother calling back, seeing as we debated even trying it a third time.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of people that have good experiences there, and I understand my not going there is no real loss to them, but three separate times in a year and three not so good experiences is enough to stop me from going there.

Also note, I've added a photo of their online menu which still doesn't have the kid's menu.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Rockbottomm
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

The portions are very generous and the food is delicious. We haven’t had a bad meal here and the service is excellent. You can’t go wrong with the Fish & Chips!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 June 2019

We’ve been there a few times. Always great, the food is very good and the service is really good. Tammy our server is the most cheerful waitress we ever had. Good job!

Date of visit: May 2019