Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews farm shop service station service area motorway hotel overnight stop log fire south of england break a long journey en route to scotland local produce bar menu bunk beds biscuits pie rooms are comfortable lamb good nights sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2020

I had a very lovely two nights staying at the Tebay Hotel. I was only meant to stay one night but it was hard to pack up after such luxury. The bed is amazing so huge and the linen is fresh and delicious. We had a very nice stay me and my dog, extra treats are in the room too. The food breakfast and dinner was sooo tasty and so worth the money. Definitely worth the extra pounds. Huge bathroom, plenty of hot water and the shop sells all the goodies you will find in your room.
Can't wait until I go back!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 7 December 2020

Recently we spent a night here to break the journey from London to the Cairnryan Ferry Terminal. This is most certainly not your average motorway hotel! It is a purpose built premises which has been landscaped to take advantage of its surroundings. We arrived on a wet and windy night at the end of October ’20 to enter a warm reception area. Our room was on the ground floor and was excellent – the en-suite was one of the best we have had. All was scrupulously clean with toiletries sourced locally. We had a delightful dinner and a comfortable overnight. A beautiful breakfast was taken next morning in the dining room which overlooked a waterfall fed pond – complete with ducks! We enjoyed our stay and look forward to a return visit.

Room tip: We stayed in downstairs room - lovely outlook over countryside
Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

A warm welcome greeted us from both the friendly staff and the crackling log fire.

Choice of food served in the lounge was excellent, with choices of lite bites like rib-eye steak roll and meals such as home made pork & pepper pie. The soup of the day on our visit was mushroom, which was lovely and served at the perfect temperature.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a more relaxed dining experience to the motorway services. The bonus is that the hotel can be easily accessed from both north and southbound carriageways.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

I never would have expected a hotel of this quality at a service station! Mind you, the adjacent farmshop is of the highest quality, I have often stopped for a meal and the delicatessen are superb!
Located so you barely notice you are sleeping near the motorway (and only because I sleep with open windows), attentive, professional and helpful staff, beautiful and spacious rooms, massive and comfortable bed, high-quality cotton bedding with exquisite pillows, generous amenities with freshly baked shortbreads AND toffee, nice toiletries, big bath tub, what more could anyone possibly wish for?? I have often stayed at overpriced luxury chains around the world that have lacked Tebay Hotel’s attention to detail, comfort and personal service, which come at a surprisingly reasonable price! And did I mention the Toffee? It’s so good I want to weep...

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

What a fantastic place to stay! We loved our family room - really spacious and comfortable for the 4 of us. Dinner and breakfast was really high quality and tasty (great produce from their own farm) and the service was great. The bar was great too with a very welcoming open fire. You honestly forget very quickly how close you are to the motorway as this is a quiet haven with great views. As an added bonus, the on-site Farmshop is great too. All round such good value, comfort and great service. This is no ordinary services hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family