“Suburban gem”

Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Bundoora
Price range: ₱110 - ₱919
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Namaste means a respectful greetings in Nepalese and Indian language(Hindi). Namaste Indian Restaurant is situated in Bundoora, Victoria in Australia, about 20 KM North of Melbourne CBD. The restaurant is established in 2001. The Restaurant serves Nepalese & Indian food. The Menu comprises of aromatic curry and flavorsome Tandoori dishes ranging from huge selection in vegetarian, lentils, cottage cheese, Biryanis, lamb, chicken, seafood ,charcoal roasted kebabs, Tikkas and various breads(Naan, Roti, Paratthas etc.) To sweet delicacies. Everything in the menu is prepared and cooked in the premises by highly experienced and qualified Chefs. The entire Namaste team is awaiting your patronage in order to guide you through contemporary and exotic spice journey which begins right here at Namaste in the heart of Bundoora. We are fully Licensed but happy for you to bring your own Wine .
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Most enjoyable dinner . Really well cooked and great strong flavours . Spiced lamb chops as starters were as good as I have ever tasted . The other highlight for me was the paratha and for my wife the naan . We had 2 mains and a vegetable dish between 4 of us and it was more then enough , so serves are generous . Kulfi to finish and a very small bill at the end made it a great night .

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank JvB0625

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

I've visited this place almost five times and on each occasion the dishes tasted different. On two occasions the food was good and on three occasions it was bad. On the bad days our curries were very runny and portions very small. I'm a vegetarian but my mates goat was undercooked and curry was watery. Staff is not very friendly either and carry a weird attitude as if they are doing you a favor by serving you food.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank EshanAryaMel
Reviewed June 28, 2016

I had high expectations and was looking forward to dining out at Namaste. I must say, I was not disappointed.

The service was very friendly, prompt and efficient. Unfortunately this is becoming rare when eating at restaurants, so it does set Namaste apart from others. Well done.

And the food. Extraordinarily tasty and a very good balance of flavours. We asked for some of the hot dishes as "medium" and they were very nice. Might try a little hotter next time but I use a bit of chilli in my own cooking and found "medium" was quite satisfying for me.

To top off the night, the cost was much lower than expected (around $25 per head for plenty of food to fill us up). Amazing.

1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed June 7, 2016

These guys just get it right. Reliably good food, good service and reasonable prices. There is a wide range of choices and the food is always fresh and well presented. Service is prompt and friendly, BYO on wine is always a welcome feature - the perfect neighbourhood 'go to' restaurant.

1  Thank DamonC65
Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

Great things do come in small packages!
Brilliant Indian restaurant in Bundoora, but not the only one & haven't been to the other close by.
Great menu.
Usual issue with chef determination of medium vs hot but generally err on side of medium. Ok, that's why you order the chutney to spice it up.
Food is always great & value for money.
Been going here for 15 years & hope they keep going. Obviously something right if they've been here this long- do yourself a favour Molly!

1  Thank RossD9467