“Great views, worth a trip”
Review of Lempuyang Temple

Lempuyang Temple
Ranked #4 of 29 things to do in Abang
Reviewed March 4, 2018

I was staying in Amed and took a short scooter ride to get to this temple. The main picture you see is from the first, and best, temple. Realistically you could visit this temple, only see the first one and be in and out in 30 minutes.

There are like seven temples to see, but unless you got here on a scooter, after this first temple you will have to walk 2km up a small road to get to the next temple (which is really nothing) and to the beginning of the 1,700 stairs (I think that is how many stairs they said there were). The other temples are okay, nothing compared to the first temple. I rode my scooter to the second temple, parked and climbed the 1700 or so stairs to the top. It took me about 35, 40 minutes (plan on an hour or more to get up). It was cloudy and overcast but I still enjoyed my visit. If you are not big on climbing stairs, you may want to skip this.

I am glad that I visited here. I enjoyed it. You just have to ask yourself if you want to climb those stairs.

2  Thank Jacob M
"heaven's gate"
"clouds"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed March 2, 2018

It was a bit of a trek from jimbaran but well worth it!!. WE done 7 temples and it was challenging. The first two is where you get the best photographs , the rest is just a really good workout. We got a guide and paid about $45.00 all up. There is a lot of steps and we completed the hike in 3 hours (up and down). The monkeys were only around temple 3 but were aggressive if you got close. There is building going on and some restoration to one of the temples higher up. Parts are in need of repair and there is a lot of litter on the track. Overall its well worth a look.

1  Thank Mrswahapu
Reviewed February 26, 2018

Its one of the beautiful temples i ever visited in bali even though it is located far away eastern side of bali. From ubud it tooks around 2.5 hours to there but the view itself worth the long journey. Make sure you wear a sarong and sash if you visit

3  Thank allicias496
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Such a beautiful temple to visit , if you are after views of Mt Agung best to check the forecast before you go , the weather can change pretty quickly and often , probably best to go in the dry season in the middle part of the year if it’s true photo opportunities you are after.
As mentioned sarongs are required here as well as the covering of shoulders for ladies with sarong hire at 10k , locals also asked for a donation too , I only had 50k on me between myself and my wife which was above the normal donation amount.
As stated there is in fact 6/7 temples to visit , after hearing that the whole lot would take about 4/5 hours to complete we quickly decided 1 and 2 would be enough for us .
Temples 1 and 2 are the best for photo opportunities anyway , there are plenty of stairs to negotiate but the views are worth it.
It can get quite humid and warm so best to take water with you.
There are little shops at the ticket booth to buy supplies , you can hire a guide as well .
In all a very calming experience and worth the experience.

1  Thank BundyRed