1,731 results
All reviews lovely grounds health club lovely hotel new forest pre cruise stay course dinner steam room coffee machine spa facilities main building an overnight stay waiting staff afternoon tea buffet style main course cruise terminal stayed for one night
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This is a bit out of the way but once ther the surroundings are magnificent with lovely gardens and lots of walks the hotel is excellent food was very good in the evening as was the breakfast would definitely stay again

Date of stay: April 2018
Nathan C, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear grayjac

Thank you for your 5-star review following your recent stay with us and for highlighting in particular our gardens and walks, we find many guests enjoy exploring the adjoining Chilworth Conservation Area which is home to a great deal of wildlife and some beautiful and historic trees. I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast in the Manor Restaurant.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

It took 6 hours for the staff to enable us to book into a clean room. The stairs and corridors were dirty with breakfast trays left out until after 4.00pm. Breakfast staff and the manager were good but the other staff seemed disinterested.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nathan C, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear GEW1966

I am sorry that the arrival experience for your recent stay with us fell short of our usual standard and that you encountered some housekeeping issues during your stay. I have contacted you directly by email in relation to your stay and do hope the gesture of goodwill offered within my email will be acceptable to you, should you wish to discuss this with me further please reply to my email directly.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we may restore your faith and provide the relaxing break you had been seeking.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Booked this before embarking on a cruise in Southampton.
We were looking for somewhere we could stay the night before and leave the car while away. This ticked all the boxes. The price was only slightly more than parking for two weeks and it meant the the holiday started the night before. No traffic issues to delay us - no stress.
We arrived around 7 on Friday night. The friendly lady in reception pointed out where we could park the car on some hard standing near at the side of the hotel - I believe it was the tennis court. We had a meal in the bar that evening - sat outside on the terrace with a glass of wine. Very pleasant. Nice basic room and bathroom. Clean and cool - it was at the beginning of the heatwave. Very quiet even though it was close the venue of a wedding the next day.
Breakfast was standard buffet fare - well cooked and plentiful. The hotel had arranged a taxi to the docks which arrived promptly and in the deal. Also, booked the taxi back on our return.
Good value and very convenient.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tinansteve
Nathan C, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear tinansteve

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Best Western Chilworth Manor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your pre-cruise stay with us, our cruise package is very popular with guests looking to start their holiday a day early.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again ahead of your next cruise from Southampton, if not before.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

dreadful understaffed at the buffet dry sandwiches were served erratically no glasses to serve alcohol after 8.30 no staff clearing tables the guy in charge was 19 years old ! at the wedding party breakfast all guests scattered everywhere and not even sat in the same room 10 min wait for sausages on full English pleasant grounds but terribly unkempt a poorly managed place will definitely not use this venue for any future family events

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Bill S
Nathan C, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Bill S

Thank you for sharing details of your recent experience with us. I am sorry to learn that the service received at the wedding you attended here at Chilworth Manor did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that your feedback does not reflect the usual high levels of guest satisfaction received from weddings here at Chilworth Manor and I will be discussing the points raised with my team. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your experience with me directly please contact me here at the hotel by email to gm@chilworth-manor.co.uk so that I may have an opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and my apologies once more.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

With the children on holiday with their grandparents, we took a 2 night break at Chilworth Manor. It fulfilled everything we wanted.

The hotel is in a great location in large attractive grounds. Arriving Friday evening, we went for a deluxe room and were given room No.1 - a quirky upstairs and downstairs arrangement, like a little house! The hotel was refurbished in 2016 and we found both our room and the hotel itself to be in a good decorated state.

After sharing a jug of Pimms (£10) we dined in the restaurant. Big portions! We wanted but couldn't fit in dessert. On Saturday we went to The Club and enjoyed the pool, steam room and jacuzzi - it was pleasantly quiet - and we departed just as family time started at 3pm, with a large pick up of activity. (Note that The Club is not run by the hotel but open to its guests). In the evening we drove round the corner to The Chilworth Arms for a delicious dinner (including dessert!) We didn't walk as the grounds were going to be dark after sunset and we were pleased that we did that as indeed it was pitch black after sunset.

On Sunday morning, having enjoyed the full breakfast buffet we went to The Club again, prior to checkout, for a full spa treatment superbly delivered. (We just got in having booked earlier in the week prior to arrival). We knew we were going to be a little past checkout time and reception were relaxed about that. Having checked out we didn't leave straight away but went for a long walk in the surrounding woods and had lunch at the bar before finally departing for home.

We thoroughly recommend a stay there.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher N
Nathan C, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Christopher N

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Best Western Chilworth Manor.

I am delighted that your break fulfilled your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. Room 1 is a particular favourite due not only to the unique duplex layout, but also the views of the gardens. It's great that you were able to make use of the facilities at The Club and I'm pleased you managed to book yourselves in for a spa treatment on Sunday morning.

The Chilworth Conservation Area which adjoins our grounds is popular for walkers, did you find the Deer Ring?

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.