eDreams
StayForLong
All reviews chip shop holiday park swimming pool washing up liquid welcome pack family holiday evening entertainment on site shop central heating short break toilet roll travel cot main bedroom biscuits great weekend steam room night break
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful but small caravan located in the middle of a sea of caravans with no communal spaces or facilities. My daughter was hit by a car (fortunately it wasn’t serious) cycling around so it’s not ideal for children who love to ride their bikes around. We are in park 2. There are no parks, pools etc. Only owned caravans are in the main park with facilities. The rest of the high paying weekly bookings are in park 2, which is accessed by either cycling along a public road with no cement paths, or using the access key and crossing a road. The first activity we attended was cancelled- my son waited 20 minutes but no-one showed. This morning we were all dressed for swimming, but the pool had an issue so no pool session. The pool is open limited hours, 10-12.45 and 2-4.45 with extra hours for caravan owners only. The COVID excuse for limited outdoor activities is wearing thin. Spoke to the customer service manager, who nodded and agreed while I spoke, then handed me a post it note to call Hoe Seasons. The receptionist could have done that. So if you love paying a premium for a caravan- I think we are paying around 1500 for a week- for a newish basic caravan in a paddock, this is ideal. If you like walking a few hundred metres through two security gates and across a road to watch your kids in the average playground, this is your park. Just wish I had read the recent negative reviews before booking.

Room tip: Avoid this park- it’s designed for caravan buyers. A lack of kids activities and facilicies,no safe biking make this unsuitable for families
1  Thank Zanchicrew
Carla Shane, Guest Services / Front Office at Talacre Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, apologies that you have left your holiday feeling this way i hope that your daughter is well we was unaware of this accident. Due to unforeseen circumstances the pool did have to close for a couple of hours due to maintence which happened on opening, the pool is open for owners from 8.30am to 9.30 am that is all the other times that its closed duing the day is so that we can do the activities in the water jet skis etc . Hoseasons know that there is a short walk to the main park and this is explained when booking with themselves. I do hope that you change your mind and do come back to visit us again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I holidayed at Talacre Beach resort from 16.08.21 to 20.08.21 with my granchildren and small dog. We were not allowed to book in until 5pm due to deep cleansing of the caravans, which is understanable. As I had booked a dog friendly caravan I thought there may be a few stains, which there were some on the seating area cushions. Scatter cushions had been removed along with the hair dryer, however you could still hire a hair dryer which made no sense at all. Neither the restaurant or entertainment were open until Wednesday, most of the outside activities were cancelled due to the weather. You had to vacate the caravan by 09:00, but I was told that I could still use the facilities, unfortunately the resturant didn't open until 12:00, so that was useless. To top it all when carrying out a final check of the caravan I discovered a pair of mens underpants in one of the beside cabinets. I reported this to reception and was told thank you for letting us know. So much for the deep cleaning . I have attached a photo in case the owner sees this review and wonders where his underpants got to. On a plus side if you do visit the area Lola and Suggs beach side cafe is brilliant.

1  Thank Twizel32

Thank you for your review our apologies for any inconvenience caused hoseasons are aware that the resort facilities are not fully open and they send this out in an email with your booking stating that some facilities are limited i hope that you will come back again an visit us in the near future

talacre beach

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

With very limited choice left in the UK and the need for a quick get away due to having works done on the house, we saw this self proclaimed “5 star resort” had availability.
A 5 star resort may conjure up images of paradise. I think that’s possibly where you will be immediately disappointed on arrival.
We paid way over what I would have ever done in normal times for a lodge at this park with a hot tub for 4 nights.
Arrival was from 5pm. We arrived at 5.45pm to beat the queues. Finding our lodge wasn’t easy, we were on Park 2. The 1st challenge was the ridiculously placed key fob scanner to open the barrier. It’s so awkward we had to get out the car and the barrier closed before you had time to get to it. It was such a relief when the barrier was left open.
The park is tightly packed with cars and caravans. Getting in and out of parking spaces is extremely difficult in places due to the length of some of the spaces.
The extortionate lodge was tatty. Curtains hanging off in places, rust around the bathroom mirrors, chipped and dated furniture. The cleanliness was good and the hot tub checked by a lovely lady daily.
It is a quiet park, unless you are near toddlers that want to run up and down their caravan from 5.30am for hours. It was so disturbing. I would never let my toddler do this.
It doesn’t have the same feeling as a Haven resort. You feel disconnected from the heart of the park.
We didn’t have the cot and high chair in the lodge that we’d paid for with Hoseasons, I tried to ring housekeeping when we arrived but there was no answer.
Swimming was horrendous. We had to put our names on a waiting list. After around 45 minutes our name was called. The changing rooms were muddy. The pool was heaving. You couldn’t swim, just bob about in cloudy water. Even my 14 year old commented he felt it was dirty. It was the worst pool experience we have ever had. They need a much bigger pool to accommodate the amount of guests. This has nothing to do with Covid, there’s old reviews that mention this.
We came back hungry and decided to order food from their on site takeaway. We tried for hours. So disappointing and frustrating. I really was not experiencing a 5 star resort.
Finally we found a Mexican in Prestatyn that delivered to the barrier.
The next night we did manage to get through to the takeaway and the food was fantastic. Delivered super fast and of excellent quality.
The on-site shop is lovely and well stocked.
We had wanted to catch some entertainment but after being told by an owner to start queuing an hour before, as the entertainment room isn’t large enough for the amount of guests, we decided that was just too much, especially in the horrid weather.
We left a day early. I would definitely not recommend this park. It’s disjointed, you don’t feel part of a resort. Without a car, you would struggle, it’s not on an easily accessible beach, it’s a fair trek to anywhere of interest, it’s facilities are far too small for the amount of owners and guests. It just doesn’t feel like a holiday. We were happy to come home. Haven is much better if you want this type of holiday.

2  Thank sunseasandtime

Thank you for your review housekeeping is here till 8pm and reception / security is 24/7 I have passed on your comments to the relevant teams and I do hope that you do come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Talacre beach

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Although all in all it was a decent stay, the customer service here from the restaurant staff in particular was utterly awful. I basically got accused of lying about something I had ordered. Then the person who served me refused to talk to me about it. I showed them my receipt and it was clear what I had ordered. Rather than say sorry and just bring me what I had ordered they wouldn’t admit fault or bring me the food which was a side order.
I would never go back which is a shame because there were a few positive factors but ruined by the way we were treated. Any reasonable establishment would of just listened, realised, then resolved the issue. Not ignore, refuse to listen then even when it’s obvious what’s happened still just refuse to do anything. It was just strange.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank krayziemike

Thank you for your review, apologies for the way you felt you was treated by staff i will pass this on to relevant department, i do hope that you do change your mind and do come back to us in the near future.

Talacre beach

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

I don't understand the negative reviews for this place, we turned up about 620 found someone at the security office who gave us our keys and details of how to find our caravan we were on park 2 from which I gather most hoeseaons booking are. Our caravan was right next the car Park which was great as my husbands disabled altho we did have a adapted van the caravan was bright and spacious it looked clean I didn't run my finger down the back of the TV or headboard tho like another review I read lol all the beds were made up with fresh clean linen we had a toilet roll cloth bin bag washing liquid tea coffee milk sugar all in the caravan which was nice so we didn't need to panic the cupboards were we'll stocked with plates cups ect there was a pile of paper listi g allthe activities they had day time stuff of for the kids and evening entertainment they also had a birds of prey show wrestling show and animal show all of which were during the day my kids are 17 and 15 so we didn't bother with any of this but there was plenty on offer my kids did go swimming you do t have to phone up and book this now which is great. I asked for some extra pillows as mine were a bit flat they were brought to the caravan promptly they were in a sealed packet to show fresh and covid safe also pillow cases the same. We didn't eat on site as we like to eat out at different places in our caravan on the wall was the restaurant menu and some really good meal deals they offer you can either have this in the restaurant or delivered to caravan. In short we had a great stay so don't be put off by some of the reviews

1  Thank spikehughes802018
Carla Shane, Guest Services / Front Office at Talacre Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review. I have passed your comments onto the relevant teams, who will be pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and. We hope you will come and stay with us again in the future.

talacre beach