Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 02/11/23
Booking.com$67
Vio.com$42
Etrip$42
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Although in the middle of nowhere it is a great place to relax and unwind. Very well priced and included breakfast. Even the restaurant prices and alcohol were cheap. Room was large but basic, clean and adequate. Bathroom layout was odd and a leaking shower would be the only negative worth commenting on. Great pool area. Only stayed 2 nights. Would come back and stay longer next time. Highly recommend to anyone traveling on a budget to stay here.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nik V
Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

First visit was for one night on last week of October. Got the deluxe room. Bathroom was still the same as last visit, so I wasn’t thrilled but it was ok. It was a more pleasant sleep than my last visit as I had no mosquito issues this time around. The restaurant staff was non-existent for that one night. We had to let the person at the desk know we were even there, and they took our order at the desk. The pool seemed like it’s overdue to be cleaned. The water was cloudy. The next morning before leaving the restaurant staff was there and much more attentive. My favorite server from my last trip was there and got a tip.

Second visit for this trip was for Oct 31-Nov 2. Got the standard room instead of the deluxe. The room seem a bit more homey and it was a wooden floor versus hard tiles. No complaints about that. However, upon checkin we saw the room was not cleaned as there were footprints of a child from before. Also, the phone was dead. So I walked to the front desk to let them know. After housekeeping came in and cleaned up we noticed the room still hot and the AC was not working. We let the desk know again and they changed us to the room next door with no problems :) I have to also say with surprise that that standard room bathroom is much better than the deluxe room. A bit of advice as well. For standard rooms try and get the first floor. After 8 am, even with the AC on, the room does get hotter because the sun is beating on the roof above you. So special note to the resort, try to insulate the roof above rooms 34-36 to avoid any issues with other guests and to keep the rooms cool. The restaurant was fine for this stay. I do, however, recommend that you be wary of stray animals that want you to feed them. This only happens if you sit far enough outside the restaurant and mostly at night. The pool was still cloudy and definitely needed to be cleaned.

In all I still had a good time here and would stay again. The experience of a cozy romantic getaway was not taken away. The front desk staff is awesome and patient. I will be back again!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank SimplyRocco
Reviewed November 10, 2018

It is clean, most deifinitely peaceful, relaxing, and filled with great and friendly staff. The food is pretty good and it is definitely a great place to either enjoy with family or get away by yourself.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Hagnaya Beach Resort is the cleanest place we have experienced in the Philippines. Definitely worthy of the name "Resort". Excellent facilities, like the best swimming pool, docks to enjoy the view, nice landscaping, many places to relax and a very good restaurant with reasonable prices and clean rooms. The staff is very helpful and all speak very good English. When something on the menu is not available, they have good suggestions and tell you right away what is not available and what just arrived.
Breakfast buffet is a bit limited, but when breakfast is included in your room price, they will cook a good breakfast to order with brewed coffee. The beach is not good for swimming, but the swimming pool makes up for that.
WiFi is limited to lobby and restaurant area and not secure. TV is small, but we did not go there to watch TV. Bed is good and so are the pillows. Only sheet as cover, but that was enough. Bathroom is typical for the Philippines, shower will wet the floor and commode. Standard room was large with enough furniture and a refrigerator.
Location is far from main road, but they have a shuttle van. Having your own transportation is sure a big plus.
We added another night and certainly will visit again.

Room tip: There are no stores or other restaurants nearby, stock up before arrival.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frans d
Reviewed May 28, 2018

We went here as most people are doing, await for the ferry from Hagnaya to Bantayan etc. or from cancelled ferry from the same port.
We stayed two nights (almost) as the ferry was cancelled due to a typhoon.
Anyhow, in comparison what you pay and get it is not a good place...but it is very close to the harbour.
The dinner was mediocre to very good. The breakfast possible to eat.
The pool area, not bad at all actually.
Lucky for us we had a car so could escape to SUper Metro to get food and snacks and to Rock N Pizza for lunch.
They might deserve 4 IF they would have been honest with the ferry situation.
The hotel did promise me they called my room to say when the ferry to Bantayan will start to leave. But they didn't. Lucky we passed by the port office on and off and asked for the situation. They told me it might open for ticket sales at 3AM so I went there and cued up.
5:28 I got our tickets and speeded back to pick up my sleeping family and check out. Lucky enough the security guard helped us to check out as the receptionist where not there, nor did she believe us the ferry was running.
Anyhow, at 6-ish met all the neighbors who where at same situation...non of them where told.
Anyhow, we must realise that this hotel live from this situation and should thus get the information ourself.
And anyhow #2, will probably still stay here next time to Bantayan

Room tip: As customers don't return, really check that everything works in the room before unpacking
Date of stay: February 2018