All reviews site staff sun holiday nights camping swimming pool is lovely site kids club children's entertainment great holiday short break little gem warden sainsburys blackpool halloween preston jamie grandchildren
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Visited here Sept 2016 and had a lovely week . Did help that the weather was dry and only rained when we were in bed . Site was clean and tidy and had a warm welcome from the staff and a complementary drink as the bar wasn't open . We stayed in a caravan and it was better than we expected clean and tidy and well equipped for our stay . Pool was nice and warm not very deep but can still manage to have a swim and relax . The views from the picnic area were lovely and so peaceful .

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hagans-Leisure-Group, Customer Services at Beacon Fell View Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Hi thank you for taking the time to review the Beacon Fell View Holiday Park on trip advisor. Our team here do work exceptionally hard all year around to ensure all our customers enjoy their stay. Thank you once again and we hope get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Beacon Fell View Holiday Park in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

We visited this disgusting site on Friday 26th August 2016.

On arrival the site is dirty, it's very muddy even though it was perfectly dry.
We stayed in caravan 188, there was one parking space for an 8 berth van.
There was 5 plates, 6 mugs, no tin opener, no baking tray and not enough cutlery. We asked at reception for a tea pot, the answer we got was 'what's a tea pot? And you've got a kettle haven't you just use that'
We where actually so shocked we didn't know if this was a joke or not.

There was also a quilt missing that we never received during our whole stay. Luckily I do take my own pillow and duvet for hygiene otherwise it would have been a very cold couple of nights.

There are stains all up the furniture, on the chairs, the carpets and the shower is turning brown. Parts of the door frame where falling off. As the site maintenance is so poor all the trees where growing through the window which caused a lot of wasps to come into the van.

The pool is a nice size, however the edges of the pool are green. There are about 5 tables around the pool which is not enough for the size of the site.
In the pool there where two young boys that locked themselves in one of the two showers there and proceeded to shout ans swear at family members. When this was explained to the staff in the site nothing was done about it. Two other members of staff came in from reception but I think this was just for a couple of minutes off. It was then explained to us if anything else was to happen WE would be kicked off the site? Because a family member has asked the boys if they where nearly finished in the shower!
(This is the type of people that this site attract, as the night before a gang of boys where shouting the sam to one of the staff members)

When leaving the site a £90 pair of trainers where left under the bed. We returned to site around half an hour later to collect these. They where no longer there. When we asked at reception we where basically told to prove it and it was our word against theirs. We where told to call on Friday as they would double check with the cleaning staff. We called back on Friday and spoke to the site manager who told us again to prove it and started to read the terms and conditions to us. He also said 'go on how are you going to prove it to the police, you've got no proof'. We obviously then accepted this as there was nothing he was going to do. So we also explained about the situation in the pool. He then replied saying 'so what are we talking about here trainers or the pool, make your mind up'
How this man is a manager is beyond me. This is the most disgusting service I have ever received.

The staff here are so rude. They are not interested in customers. At reception they don't even lift their heads when you walk in the room.

I would never visit this site again. We have been before but complained to the head office and even then we did not get a reply. We have now obviously learnt from out mistakes.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Hagans-Leisure-Group, Customer Services at Beacon Fell View Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Hi thank you for taking time to write a review on trip advisor. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of The Beacon Fell View Holiday Park for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us.

Since receiving your review I have checked the company's emails and unfortunately could not find one from yourself. I would like to investigate all the issues you have raised and would kindly request for you to contact me personally at 01772 780985 to discuss this with you further or (email: customerservices@hagansleisure.co.uk).

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Don't know what all the poor reviews are about. I experienced a very clean caravan in a beautifully-situated park with walks from the park and the town of Longridge just 5 mins away. Caravan was a modern static and had very good facilities. Couldn't fault the cleanliness. Just wish I had taken a photo of the shower! At this time of year it is a bargain to stay there. Didn't use any of the facilities like pool, gym or bar because I had a fab walking weekend.

Room tip: Site is on a hillside and facilities such as pool and bar, are at the bottom of the hill.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our holiday park. We pride ourselves on our family park with lots of facilities and offering our customers value for money is also one of our main objectives . I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Beacon Fell View Holiday Park in the nearer future.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely place, amazing staff who do everything they can to help.. My kids loved it and even tho holiday season was over they still provided entertainment just for my 2 children. I had an issue with no freezer being in the caravan and within half an hour they had sorted it and bought a freezer to my caravan.. Was really scared wen I read the reviews and I have no idea how someone can leave them a bad review.. The staff were amazing always smiling and helpful.. The static caravan was in an amazing condition.. Swimming pool was nice and clean.. The indoor play area was also nice and clean aswell.. The entertainer was so nice that my children absolutely loved him. I pain £99 for a Monday to Friday holiday on a gold caravan and let me tell u the best decision I have made.. It was my children's first ever family holiday and to be fair I think I will be taking them here again until they are ready to fly out. Everything was easy to access no problems wotso ever. Just want to say a big thank u to all the staff at beacon fell view u guys do an amazing job to make ur customers happy really appreciate it will defo be seeing u guys again
Thanks again
Nafeesa Ali

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review the Beacon Fell View Holiday Park on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on our family park with lots of facilities. Offering our customers value for money is also one of our main aims and we're pleased to read that you found our prices competitive. Please note our 2017 prices are now available and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

After booking my small get away (£99 for Monday to Friday) I arrived on site after a small sat nav issue (if your looking at going yourself avoid old Cliteroe Road) 30 mins before I could check in. This was not a problem for the reception staff, although I couldn't get my key I was made to feel welcome and within 15 minutes I was given my keys with detailed directions to where I needed to be.

Upon entering the van it looked and smelt clean not musty like I have had on other sites.
After bringing in my gear from the car I had a knock on the door from one of the site staff who informed me that the previous guest had complained about the microwave being rusty, I personally could not see a issue but as a complaint had been raised the microwave was replaced. Whilst this was happening I noticed that the handle on the grill was loose so the member of staff grabbed a screwdriver and fixed it. So within a 20 minute time scale I had a problem I didn't know about sorted and one that I was going to tell staff about fixed, not a bad start I thought.

On to the rest of the van I have done static caravans before so I had a rough idea what I was getting into.
The site was peaceful and by the time it was 22:30 most people had turned in, or were at the onsite bar (which is normal pub prices) I say most people I was still up and about.

The town of Longridge is a gentle 15 minute wander which has a few banks and a co-op.

All in all I enjoyed my time away and will be returning and possibly letting my family know about this jewel in the Ribble Valley.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that the Beacon Fell View Holiday Park was fully to your satisfaction as we do aim to maintain the Park to a first class standard and do thank you for your kind comments related to this. I hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.