“Full of disappointment”
Review of Lima Park Hotel

Lima Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Malvar
Reviewed May 23, 2017

I had high expectations in this hotel since it was recommended by a friend. But I never expected that 4-star hotel has a poor service, I don't know if it's because I only got the voucher from Metrodeal which made us pay lesser compared to their regular rate. The hotel was actually nice, the view and the vicinity is very good but unfortunately because of the poor service, it made me a bit disappointed. I even had the impression that this is a very beautiful hotel, though it is. But everything still boils down with the service.

The AC was cool so we liked it, we even prefer to stay inside the room. The pool was big, but it is not that clean. We understand that pools are not really perfectly clean but there are hairs, sand, and other stuffs inside the pool. So I didn't feel comfortable to swim, even my daughter who likes to swim so much said that it is also dirty. She didn't even went on swimming the following day.

We also requested from someone to remove the plates we used since we borrowed it, but no one came to take it. Then dinner time we requested to borrow spoon and fork, but I don't really get it that no one is coming. We did even finished our dinner but no spoon and fork arrived. I just didn't want to call the reception repeatedly because of these things as it will ruin my mood if I get upset. So I let it pass. Then same evening, there is actually a bar near our room so you can hear the noise with all the singing and performance of the band, which I didn't like. I was about to call the reception to request for a different room but my husband said no need for that and just wait for it to stop. I think it stopped around 9pm or 10pm, not really sure about the time. So lower rooms is not good if you want a quiet and peaceful room.

Then, there is a complimentary breakfast for 2, since we are 2 adults and 1 kid, I have to pay for my daughter's breakfast. They informed us only right after we went inside and about to sit. I didn't want to argue that time so I just said that ok I will pay. And little I did find out that there are very few selections in the buffet. So my daughter only ate bacon and rice and paid for a buffet price. I hope you have more selection and pls. choose carefully what you are going to put in the buffet. It really matters to your guests. I know it is complimentary but atleast select carefully and don't be frugal on what kind of food you are going to serve. I can even go outside and buy a very good breakfast with the amount I paid but it was too late to know it anyway.

I did call the reception to request for a late checkout since I usually do this in all of the hotels I am checking in, even hotels abroad. But unfortunately, they didn't grant my request. I didn't argue, because it is only a request, but I was a bit disappointed because of all the hotels I went, only Lima Park declined my request. Anyway, it is the hotel's discretion so I cannot argue with that. But was really disappointed.

Lastly, upon checkout, I paid for the buffet and was asked to wait since they are checking the room first. It was like 10 mins that I waited, then was called by the reception only to say that "Mam, how many hand towels are there in your room, it should be 2" I was really upset and told her that the hand towel was only 1 in the ring beside the lavatory, and another one towel which we used for our feet, so it was on the floor. So it was like, they are asking me where is the other hand towel? It's like an indirect statement that I took the other hand towel. And by the way, the hand towel is really over used, it's not even white anymore, so why will I take it in the first place. I don't know what exactly she told the room attendant. Then right after she put down the phone she asked me, "Mam did you consume anything in the mini bar?" I was already upset but I'm still trying to be nice. Then I said, no we didn't. Deep inside I want to tell her in her face that "you even got the time to check the towels, how come you cannot check the mini bar?" But I controlled myself and left the hotel with full disappointment.

This isn't the kind of service you should be providing given you are 4 star hotel. You have to improve it to return what your guests have paid for since your rate is not that affordable. All in all, I am not recommending this hotel to any of you, though the place was really nice.

Room Tip: Do not choose lower rooms (downstairs) if you want a quiet room because the bar is in the same floor
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Haki G

Reviewed April 14, 2017

We stayed for a short break with family in April. The hotel is strategically located inside Lima technology center. From the time we step inside the lobby till we leave the hotel, the service was impeccable. Maggy, Executive Housekeeper was kind enough to show us around on our first day. She genuinely care about our stay and her hospitality is unmatched. The room was spotless and featured a huge yet comfortable twin bed. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was amazing, it was buffet style with philipino flair. Overall, it was a perfect stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Yannick-Bali
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

The very first hotel in Batangas that i can recommend. Stress free place , because of its clean , fresh looking environment. Staff are so nice , you can always see them smiling whenever they serve our foods . The interior designs of this hotel is a big thumbs up for me. Very nice!! They also serve great food, some are a little pricey, some are really affordable and it taste really good.. I love their cakes and coffee.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Lyka D
Reviewed April 9, 2017

The first word that came to mind in staying in this hotel is seclusion. The hotel is inside a technology park so do not expect many adjoining restaurants and tourist places to see. You have to get out of the Park and drive to nearby towns in Batangas to see the great historical sites and beaches. But if you are going to the hotel for an exclusive company retreat or business conference, then the hotel is just fine. It definitely is not your place if you are a roving tourist. You'll find it boring. Perhaps the saving grace is the sumptuous food served by hospitable staff. The room is average with few amenities while the other facilities are average for a two to three star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank vpsison
Reviewed April 4, 2017

Feel at home in this place, even first time in this place relaxing the swimming pool , the services was excellent, i cannot forget the tour in taal lakes with the fastest yaucht to see the emviroment of taal, like i see the awesome egrit birds, the lava super thick like a rock from the century, the food was yummy.

Room Tip: quiter place, for couple, friends, family, business etc.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rene D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvar
0.0 km away
10.2 km away
The Farm at San Benito
The Farm at San Benito
#1 of 7 in Lipa City

Been to Lima Park Hotel? Share your experiences!