“Forget the Sandwiches, Get the Burrito”
Review of Big Sur Deli

Big Sur Deli
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Big Sur
Cuisines: American
Description: This is not an official restaurant, but a delicious deli below Big Sur Lodge.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

The burritos are custom made, you write on the slip what you want in your burrito. Hands down the best burrito I have ever had, for that matter, the best Mexican food I have ever had. These burritos are huge. We grabbed them and headed to Pfeiffer Beach, with the purple sand ( this was some time ago, before the bridge collapsed). We sat in the car in complete silence and ate, and we had left overs. I live in Maryland, and may never get back there, but when I hear someone headed to Big Sur, I always steer them to Big Sur Deli. This is one of those favorite memory places, and it was so much cheaper than other food throughout California. Go for the burrito!!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

What a joy to see The Big Sur Deli after hiking the Community Bypass Trail! This owner of the business is a Rock Star, staying open to serve locals and construction folks after the Pfeiffer Canyon bridge was destroyed. Each morning, the staff bring newspapers, fresh food, etc.up over Community Bypass Trail. I picked up some great souvenirs as well.

Note: Park in Day Use Lot 4 at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park ($10). The trail beings after a ten minute walk through the campground Dogs are not allowed on the Community Bypass Trail. The trail is about 1/2 mile, straight up with 160 stairs and numerous switchbacks. Took us about 20 minutes. I believe the elevation gain is about 400 feet. Then, once you are at the top. it is another 200 yards or so to Big Sur Deli.

1  Thank sjskns
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Our group had four different sandwiches - all were superb. Beer selection was outstanding. Service was simple, but quick and efficient. Value for cost - GREAT

Reviewed 12 February 2017

You can custom make sandwiches to order which my wife did. I selected the freshly grilled half chicken which was very good. We both enjoyed our meals while taking in the beauty of the area. Great place to stop and not break the bank.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

BIG SUR & BIG Sandwiches on the freshest bread. Plenty of meat, no skimping here!
Quick service and even a place to sit down if you'd like.
Great music playing if your like us and enjoy the Allman Bros and classic rock. We were happy sitting and and eating without a rush. We had a Smoked Turkey wot Provolone and a Roast Beef with Provolone. These sandwiches are large enough to share which we didn't know.
A very good place to stop for lunch!

Been to Big Sur Deli? Share your experiences!