3 people have started booking this hotel
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$206
SAVE US$60
Free cancellation until 21/04/21
Hotels.comUS$266
eDreamsUS$266
TravelocityUS$266
14,919 results
All reviews diamond club splash pool sports bar zen restaurant butler service hunter steakhouse gourmet marche caribbean grill presidential suite tex mex kids club ocean view guest services dinner reservations family vacation main pool buffet restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021

Ahead of my trip I could not find anything on mask wearing or how the resort handled covid in the reviews. I was worried that it would be too strict. I understand people's worries and respect their privacy and distance as much as possible, but I dislike wearing a mask and didn't want to be constantly told to do so. I feel very comfortable here. When we are by or in the pools, walking the open areas, or after we are sitting in a restaurant we are fine. We have to wear a mask when we are getting our food in a buffet, otherwise everything is the same as usual.
Vacation has been better than ever,, only been a few days, we are here until the 12th of March.. We have come to Mexico each year for a lot of years. Last time to the Royalton was 2013. Usually we have up to 18 people with us. This year it is just my wife and I as others didn't come due to concerns with what they would confront here or going home. I want to tell those trying to decide there are no worries, if you have people on the fence about going for the same reason, tell them to come on. Actually this has to be our best trip ever. The numbers in the resort are way down. No getting up early to try to save chairs. Doesn't matter when you come to the pool you will have plenty of spots to choose from. The bars never have a waiting line, get served immediately where ever you go. The staff has been top notch. No complaints at all. I feel bad for them, with numbers way down I am sure tips are also, so please tip. They are working so hard. I see crews everywhere working on little projects, things from redoing gardens, fixing little cement works, washing everything down constantly. Great crews. I have 2 that I have got to know so far. Josue at the pool bar and Edwin with entertainment in the pool (I know, you can see a trend) Both have been great.
Negative items: I only have 2 so far. The last time I was at this resort in 2013 they had blue pool floaties. "No floaties!!" I'm doing OK so far and I understand, they would probably have to clean them after every person them. Second is I forgot my water proof dice box. I always liked to bring a dice box to the pool and shake for shots. We are from Wisconsin and it is just something we do. Love a game of 7, 14, 21. We change it up slightly. We drink on 7, 14, and 21. So if anyone is coming down soon, please bring a waterproof dice box. Like I said we are here until the 12th, last day at the pool bar is the 11th. Look for the bald guy. Anyway, I don't usually write reviews, just read them to decide where to go and if there is advice on what to do. When I was coming I was looking for this info and couldn't find it. Bottom line is it is an open resort, all employees where masks and it is not intrusive for guests at all. Thanks. Rick

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank daynev2020
General Manager, General Manager at Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Dear Daynev2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We really enjoy making sure that our guests leave with a positive and lasting memory, therefore it is an honor to learn that Royalton Riviera Cancun became your favorite hotel. Please rest assured that I will share this heartwarming feedback with the entire team. We can't wait to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

Second time visiting this resort, amazing place, love everything about it, the only thing we had a problem with was getting the free covid test that the hotel provides (if you are staying 4 nights or more), you have to register online which we did but we never received the email confirmation for our appointment, however we got tested at the airport which actually wasn’t bad at all and it was only $17 dollars.

Dear gloryb80
Greetings from Riviera Maya! We are thrilled to learn that you have been pampered by our team. It is a great pleasure to read, that we could exceed your expectations. We do look forward to hosting you on many more wonderful stays, at Royalton Riviera Cancun and until we meet again we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 3 March 2021

We stayed 11 nights and had our 36 person wedding here on 2/20/21. Every bit of it was amazing. We stayed in the Hideaway and couldn’t have been happier. Wonderful resort with staff that really cares to make sure you enjoy yourself. All around amazing and all of our guests said it was a wedding they will never forget!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

t was surely a pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are more than happy that you have enjoyed your trip to Royalton Riviera Cancun to its fullest! We are thrilled to read that you were impressed by our facilities and services from our entire team and that you had a "dreamlike" experience all through your stay. We hope your ways will lead you back soon, and we could host you on many more inspiring yet relaxing stays.

Reviewed 1 March 2021

Stayed 7 days at this resort with wife and daughter. The Royalton was our 4th resort that we have visited in the last 5 years and here is what you need to know about this property. Resort overall: Very simple. Nothing impressive or wow. Rooms: Basic furnitures. Somewhat comfortable bed.
Pools: Depending on where you go, but some pools are warmer than others and if you are traveling with kids, there are two water playgrounds. Staff: Generally are nice and helpful, but some appear overwhelmed. Room Service: English is defiantly a challenge. Restaurant: Limited. Could be due to Covid. But regardless, not a lot of options. There is a Steak House restaurant, a Japanese, an Italian and an Indian. Then you have “Main one” where it serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Food: Very limited and super basic. Bar: Are spread around. Your drink can taste differently depending who’s making it. Also, they use cheap liquor. If you want something decent, you will have to pay extra. Nightly Entertainment: Nothing wow. There are nightly musicians that play different instruments for an hour and a half every night before the show starts. Saxophone, Keyboard and Violin. Also, if you are traveling with kids, the shows are definitely not appropriate. Especially with the Friday night show. Housekeeping: Reasonable, but be prepared for your visible stuff to be re-arranged and if you don’t leave the balcony door open, it will never get cleaned. Maintenance: It is obvious that they make sure things are working as they should, but generally speaking maintenance is very basic and you can tell the resort has not done any major remodeling or updates . Front Desk: Friendly, but you don’t leave you with a remarkable impression. Coffee House: Limited items. Limited choices Gift Shop: Has day to day, souvenirs and few snack items but their prices are outrageously high.
Beach: Not far from the hotel but very basic. No decorations or any type of nice setup. Basically sand, beach, a bar and a few lay out chairs.

4  Thank wassouf2020

Dear wassouf2020
We appreciate all comments and we are truly very sorry that there were aspects that you did not enjoy on this vacation at Royalton Riviera Cancun.
I will certainly be taking action on due to improving our services based on all comments you have made into consideration and on your next visit, we will be ensuring that all items will be fixed.
Luxury Regards

Reviewed 28 February 2021

Truly amazing!!!
I enjoyed everyday of my stay!
The hotel is well spaced to follow COVID 19 rules, super clean and everyone is helpful and extremely friendly. I recommend this resort to EVERYONE if you’re looking for a good enjoyable stay

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
General Manager, General Manager at Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Dear cgraves29
Thank you for share your experience on TripAdvisor and for letting us know your Royalton vacation exceed your expectation. I also appreciate the positive comments regarding the safety assured vacation program and protocols. We will be more than glad to receive you in the near future.
Luxury Regards