Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Excellent 5/5
US$796
US$710
2,457 results
All reviewsplunge poolhippo barlibrary barkaax restaurantendless privilegessunset sailmercedes vancigar rollingsunken tubwellness resortmayan ceremonytequila tastinglaundry servicesushi barsparkling wineharp playerour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I just returned from an amazing 5 nights at this resort celebrating our 20 year anniversary. What makes this resort top notch is the staff. They go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and fabulous- from their greetings when you pass them by, the excellent care of the suite, the pool and restaurant service. The grounds are beautiful and well cared for. The food was excellent and we enjoyed the little extras, such as the sushi bar, the appies passed around at pool time by staff etc. The rooms were extremely comfortable with gorgeous views. The resort has an intimate feel due to its smaller size and this allows you to get to know staff. We were surprised on our last night by a rose petal covered bed and a bubble bath with champagne waiting. Thank you to all the staff at Zoetry for making our stay so special. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank 23escape
Zoetry Paraiso ... E, Social Media Coordinatror. at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Bix a bel dear 23escape,
(Greetings from the Mayan language)

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean.

We feel honored to know that you got a great time during your stay and that you enjoy our spacious suites and all the benefits of our Endless Privileges® program such as the unlimited gourmet experiences, our signature activities, the ground transportation to the airport and more.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Please receive my best regards!

Social Media Coordinator
Zoëtry Paraíso de la Bonita.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita is the perfect marriage between affordable and luxury. A quiet resort, Zoetry is built for relaxation and pampering. From the incredible restaurants and food, top shelf liquor and service, you want for nothing! A smaller resort means we got to know the staff, which were very friendly and even put up with our attempts to order in Spanish.

This is probably why I have visited Zoetry Paraiso three times. Flights from Toronto are quick and we were on the beach by lunch. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I prefer ground level as it offers easy access to the beach.

Highly recommed Zoetry and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cara W

Bix a bel dear Cara W,
(Greetings in the Mayan language)

We appreciate the time that you have invested in writing an overview of your stay with us.

We feel more than pleased to learn all these details about your stay with us, and we are very thankful for all those visits you have had in Zoëtry Paraíso de la Bonita.
In regards to your comments about the service, allow me to let you know that we are going to share them with all our management team and for sure with the rest of the staff in order to keep moving forward by the way of the passion for service.

Looking forward to saying "Bix a bel" again in person, please receive my best regards!

Social Media Coordinator
Zoëtry Paraíso de la Bonita.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms and bathroom and huge, plenty of space, including the patio/deck. The resort is stretched out, which is nice with no elevators or feeling like everyone is roomed next to you. Though be prepared for a walk if you're near the end of the resort. We didn't mind it though. Lots of wild life at the resort! Also, there's a great place to snorkel just left of the pier. Staff working by the boats told me about it and I couldn't be more thankful! Hundreds of fish and dozen different kinds.
The food was really good, there are no buffets, with everything made to order. Yes, after a few days you may get a little bored, but that happens everywhere.
The daily sun dial is great to let you know what's happening during the day. Highly recommend the tequila tasting and catamaran cruise offered by the resort. It was so much fun! You do need to pre-register. Do it the day you get there, check in for cancellations throughout the week, and then the time of the event in case you didn't get a reservation. There are other outings offered by the resort that filled up, including the ones we were able to reserve.
In general the resort is relaxing and calm, not a party atmosphere. Bring tipping money as the staff, housekeeping, and servers are amazing!!!

Some advice on don'ts: don't bring kids here under the age of 18. There are dozens and dozens of resorts who cater to families or have children activities. This is not the place. Also, don't go on the time-share sales pitch. We made a huge mistake in doing so. Not worth it. They kept lying about the length of time (say it'll be 2 hours and they'll keep you there for 6 hours if they can) and the price is ridiculous, even after all the "reductions" and "special offers". AVOID IT!

Room Tip: 2nd floor will provide best ocean views
Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank spud-tato

Bix a bel dear traveler,
(Greetings in the Mayan language)

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

Our resort has always been recognized as the ideal place to have relaxing and romantic getaway thank you for point this fact in your review; We are very glad to know that our Endless Privileges® program fitted you well, was a great pleasure to share with you the best of us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, please receive my best regards!

Arturo Alcalá
Social Media Coordinator .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had an enjoyable week here. The rooms are outstanding and we had a great sea view. We also found the staff very friendly and efficient.
Negatives - well the beach is narrow and rather short of chairs, etc. There is plenty of room further along the beach where more could be provided. Also a bit rocky so bring beach shoes if you want to go into the sea.
We were very happy with the food although it was our first experience of all inclusive so we didn't really have a reference point. (Live) music in one of the restaurants was too loud on occasion so difficult to chat.
Overall, though, we were very happy with our stay and would consider returning, although probably not with our 17 year old daughter who was a lot younger than most of the other clientele.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank 743alastair

Bix a bel dear 743alastair,
( greetings in the Mayan language)

Thank you very much for the time you have invested in writing us a kind review and share your experience with all the community of Trip Advisor.

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we feel glad to know that you enjoy your first visit with us.
for sure, I am going to share all your compliments with our staff and every single member involved in.
In regards to your constructive comments about the music, we are going to take measures in order to improve our service in this area, thank you again for showing us the way of the succes.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, please receive my best regards!
Social Media Coordinatror.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I just returned from an exceptional 6 night stay at Zoetry in late February. We stayed in the Maurrecos suite-it is a short enjoyable walk from the main area over, the balcony was amazing with views of the stars at night and very close to the ocean (the best part about Mexico is how close you are to the ocean). This was our second trip to Zoetry and I certainly hope we get back again some day. The resort is quiet and perfect for a couple looking to relax and spend some quality time together. There was entertainment available a couple of nights, but this resort is definitely not the place for the night time party, which suited us just fine. The entertainment manager is also incredibly friendly (I cannot remember his name).

Beach: In February, the beach had a lot of seaweed. While the resort works diligently to remove it, I just share this for full disclosure. It did not bother us at all and we spent every day on the beach --all day. I only share this for time of booking because when we went in April last year there was barely any so if you are concerned February is probably not the best time. The service was perfect. Our favorites were Victor (I think) and Frederico. They were incredibly attentive and friendly. You should plan on tipping. I truly think it makes a difference and it is very much appreciated.

Marina: We thoroughly enjoyed the champagne cruise and the day trip to isla de mujeres (opt for the golf cart option-you can get dropped off and rent a golf cart to tour the island). In fact the day trip was the highlight of the trip last year and this year. Frankie is a great captain and so very friendly.

Airport Transportation: The hotel provides private transportation to and from the resort in a very nice Mercedes van--a nice touch.

Sip n see: We took advantage of this one night and went to Secrets Silver Sands. While we had an amazing dinner (the Italian spot was probably the best dinner of the entire trip), really inexpensive taxi ride (~$12 each way) and it was nice to see another resort but this outing reminded us of just how special and unique Zoetry is for us. By the end of our trip, we knew most of the waiters by name and felt completely relaxed.

Food: During the day, we ate at our chairs on the beach (sushi tar tar and ceviche every day). At night, our favorite is the grill that faces the beach--you just cannot beat the view. Kaax is also very good. Our least favorite is probably LaConoa. The atmosphere is exceptional outside (often with guitar players which are a nice touch), but I did not find the food to be any better quality than what we got at the grill. Room service is always a great option too.

Spa: This is the one area that could use some improvement I skipped a massage this time because I did not really enjoy the massages during my last visit. I think the spa could use some updating--I like a good ladies only hot and cold tub . I still thoroughly loved ending the day with a few minutes in the steam room in a soak in the Thailasso pool. So it is great that you get to use the spa facilities for free.

Yoga: I really enjoyed the yoga on dock. Last year the yoga instructor seemed a little more experienced, but again you can't complain about free yoga!

In sum, CHOOSE ZOETRY. I have VERY high expectations and Zoetry met EVERY SINGLE ONE. Thank you for a very memorable vacation.

Room Tip: all ocean front-opt for third floor. I don't see the benefit of the bottom floor with pool-no privacy
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Laurianne J
Zoetry Paraiso ... E, Socia Media Coordinatror at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Bix a bel dear Laurianne J,
(Greetings in the Mayan language)

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview of your stay through this mean. Our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to keep our service levels.
We feel glad and honored to know that you enjoy everything during your stay and that our Endless Privileges® concept fitted you well.

Regarding your comments about our culinary proposal through our Sip Savor &Sea program, allow me to let you know that we are very proud to be part of this big family and we are also having the commitment to deliver great experiences not only in our 4 diamond awarded restaurant la Canoa but also in every single plate we serve in all the property as you experimented in El Chiringuito or Kaax restaurants.

About our activities, we feel pleased to know you enjoyed, we have added a lot of quiet but also holistic experiences to pamper our guests such as our temazcal ceremony our a Mexican cooking class Yoga at the pier is also amazing.

Regarding your constructive comments allow me to let you know taht we have share them with our Spa manager in order to improve this topics.

looking forward to welcome you back, please receive m best regards!

Socia Media Coordinatror
Zoëtry Paraíso de la bonita.