“Unexpected Greatness”

The Longship
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Hebburn
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A local bar that serves good food at a decent price. Shows most live sports on 9 televisions, with 2 sky boxes to enable showing multiple matches at once. Located in Hebburn, is only a ten minute walk from either Hebburn or Jarrow metro, with direct links to Newcastle city centre. Food served 12pm until late. 6 hotel rooms are available, with breakfast as an extra. We provide buffets starting from £5.99 per person.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

After a long journey from Carlisle I needed a place to eat before dropping my friend off.
As such i stumbled upon the Longship.
The venue is well decorated and would guess recently refurbished.
The regulars were friendly and 2 girls (ironically both called Becky) recommended the fully loaded chicken strips that were amazing!
My friend had some monstrosity of a burger that I assume filled him for a week!
The manager Alex was very pleasant and clearly cares about his venue.
Worth a visit for a well priced lunch.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Norse gods must look down upon this establishment and be humbled by the homage shown. Travelling from Malmö may have been easier than that of my ancestry but I too had arrived on these shores in the mood for pillaging. With my torches doused in kerosene I was one strike of a match away from being consumed by the levels of stress being exhibited in the taxi. That was until a familiar sight appeared on the horizon, The Longship; a reminder of home comforts and my oasis of calm. I am to understand that Greene King is a chain pub but you wouldn’t have thought it. From what I know of said pubs, they lack personality, ambiance and character. My experience was opposite in nature. Very friendly and accommodating staff, timely service and enjoyable cuisine. Those around me picked up on an accent and proceeded to enquire, conversing further until my departure. Had my intentions for leaving Scandinavia remained the same as those 1300 years ago, I’d have refrained from burning this place to the ground.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I've eaten here before on a weeknight and have found the food to be decent chain pub fayre. But they've really disappointed me today.

My dad booked a table for my birthday lunch. When we got there, they'd put us in the games area. It wasn't exactly festive with two tvs showing football and a group of people playing snooker. My dad complained, but the manager really didn't give a damn.

We left without ordering drinks or food feeling that we'd been sadly let down.

1  Thank Janet G
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Visited for Sunday lunch but decided to opt for my favourite of Gammon, two eggs, chips, peas and tomoto whilst my wife went for the Chicken Tikka.

Both meals were excellent and left us too full for a dessert, excellent value for money, well cooked it's pleasant, helpful staff.

1  Thank Malcolm H
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

The menu used to be dull as dishwater and typical Spoons-style burger and beer fare - now is a lot more interesting! Mac and cheese is my ultimate comfort food and I love it has optional extras like maple bacon and even black pudding I think!
The staff are great - especially the manageress, nothing is ever too much trouble!

1  Thank pinkgrrl