See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I have had the pleasure to stay at this wonderful hotel many, many times now since I first discovered it in May 2014. Nowadays I even consider it my home away from home.

You immediately feel at ease, either you take a glass of wine at the portio, a stroll in the garden, pet the goats or just admire the whole atmosphere in this beautiful hilly part of fantastic Piemonte.

I will of course return over and over again and would also like to recommend this hidden gem to everyone that love the good things in life. Enjoy your stay!

Room tip: All rooms are equal in standard with either french balcony or veranda, spacious bathrooms and comfortable beds.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We stayed a long weekend with the wonderful sisters at this beautiful location. We had the room with the patio which was lovely in the shade in the mornings (it was very hot while we were there). The room was comfortable, spacious and clean (and air conditioned). Breakfast is abundant (oh the chocolatine!) and varied enough to meet a range of preferences. But you must stay for the evening meal! We tried a range of Piedmontese dishes: they were simply presented and exquisitely prepared. Everything is so fresh and flavourful. Just give yourselves over to the fixed menu and enjoy. But remember to pace yourself, there is not-to-be-missed dessert. The local wine, the beautiful ravine, excellent walking, and great company all made for a memorable stay. We received excellent advice about the best towns to visit for a day trip (ate the best gelato ever Caffè Ravello, Neive; best enoteca, Uve, La Morra). Molte grazie C&G, I have dried my lovely roses and lavender as a reminder of our visit over the cold Canadian winter.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank knitravel
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I've never written a tripadvisor review, but was so impressed with everything about this experience that I can't help but do so this time.

This place is run by two sisters that are so lovely and personable that you will feel like they are family by the time you leave. The food was astounding. The service was tailored and friendly. And the accommodations were beautiful. They have a small wine cellar with wines from the region, and are opening a tasting room in the house. So it's a great place to learn about some of the regional wines as well.

If you are heading to Piedmont, stay here. Without a doubt.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2015

Through my local friend Chiara I stayed at Piccolo Principe. I had a winederful time from the moment I stepped on to the property until I (sadly) had to come back home. I was greeted by the owners Giovanna and Clotilde at the gate with open arms. Their energy was infectious!!
The property itself is gorgeous. It's sits on top of the mountain with beautiful views. My room was really cool with a big bed and lovely glass shower.
So...Not only is this place stunning, the restaurant is off the charts. Chef Giovanna goes back there after chatting and sipping with you and creates the amazing traditional cuisine of Piemonte and Clotilde pairs it perfectly with local wines. The 2 Vineyards that stood out were Cantine Povero and Rivetto. Oh my...the best in food and wine.
From breakfast through lunch on to dinner, every day was a culinary/wine adventure.
I highly suggest Piccolo Principe!! Bellissimo!!

Room tip: First Room on the right Rocks~~
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2014

We have now stayed at the Piccolo Principe twice in the past year and both times it has been a delightful experience. The owners are charming and generous and go out of their way to make your visit memorable. The eating experience is wonderfully diverse yet unpretentious and based on fresh locally available products and complemented nicely by a broad selection of local wines. Please give it a try.

Date of stay: October 2014